2011


So, 2011 was quite a big year for me with some crazy, rollercoaster ups and downs. I had some not so great moments and definitely a shitty start to the year, but since then things have gotten much better and I've finished 2011 in a very wonderful way! Now this recap is quite long (and not very fashion-y) so I don't blame you for skipping out now!

In January, I had quite a bad start to the year. My granddad died, not too long after my nan had passed away, and my boyfriend at the time broke up with me about a week later. I'm not going to lie, it kind of sucked, especially for someone going through depression, like I was at the time. It also didn't help that my ex-boyfriend handled things in a really douchey way. So if blogging was a bit sparse this year, then that is probably why! I'm not telling you that to get sympathy or anything, but if anyone reading is going through it then I want them to know how important it is to get professional help, because it really helped me. Also surround yourself with wonderful friends - my best friends Renae, Richenda, the Chloes, Emma and Trish were fantastic around this time (and still are, obviously).


Luckily, it was not long after that I started my work experience at Xpress. I got to work with one of my favourite bloggers, Emma, and I had such a good time. It was really special to hear the editor say that I was the best work experience student they'd ever had! I even stayed on for a while after my internship "officially" ended, and now I'm a contributor for them and couldn't be happier that I'm doing a job that I love and getting paid for it!


It was on one of these reviews for Xpress that I met my boyfriend Aidan! Well, it's kind of an embarrassing story (for me). We had gone to uni together for four years but never really spoken. And then out of the blue I invited him to be my plus one to an Audrey Tatou movie and we've been together ever since. Woo!


I also...
♥ dyed my hair red... then bayalage... then blue tipped... then with a Bettie Page fringe... and now pink tipped ♥ went to a lot of amazing shows like Papa Vs Pretty, The Painkillers, Hungry Kids of Hungary, Andy Bull, and more ♥ moved out of my apartment in South Perth and moved into my grandparent's old house ♥ met many amazing Perth bloggers ♥ made many lovely new friends ♥ turned 22 ♥ hosted Boxing Day at my house for my family ♥ learned to cook ♥ went out to Mexican food for my birthday ♥ went to Rottnest ♥ tried to use my DSLR camera more ♥ became incredibly happy again!

So thank you all so much for reading this year and hopefully next year will be bigger & better for all of us! This is my last "big" post for 2011 (I have one lined up for tomorrow) so I'll see you all in 2012!

x

Oh and I do have to say happy birthday to my gorgeous mama! Happy birthday mum!
QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. You are truly gorgeous inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you really did have some ups and downs. It's amazing that you've come out on top. Couldn't help but read about the perth bloggers *cough cough* haha. It was definitely a highlight of mine meeting all of you girls. Happy new year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every couple of years for me, the first month of two will usually be super duper freaking shitty. The year I turned 19, everything shitty happened to me in January. My boyfriend broke up with me, my best friend & I had a falling out, my nan had a stroke, I was in a car accident with my sister, I got a hectic fine for not having p plates on my car and lost points on my license and I got a flat tyre. It was pretty magical! And then a couple of months later I started dating a boy, and we got married a year later!

    I hope the new year is kind to you!

    Lauren
    http://tasteslikelove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad the year got so much better! Hope next year is all good. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tara, this is such a lovely & honest post. Everyone has ups & downs, but sounds like you sure got more than your fair share this year. I'm so glad you've finished the year on top and sincerely hope you stay there too :)

    Love the pictures from the blogger gathering!! That was sooo much fun! Must do it again soon!

    Happy new year
    Steph xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to have been able to spend part of my year with you :)

    Looking forward to having you write lots for X-Press in 2012!

    And... how cute that X-Press helped bring you and Aidan together... kinda <3

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!