Restyle: Time Turner


Hey again! We're halfway through Restyle now and I am pretty happy about almost all of my outfits so far. It's actually been a lot easier than I thought to mix op-shop pieces into my existing wardrobe! I think it will require a little more creativity now that we're past the halfway mark, though...

Anyway. This is what I wore to work today. I'm pretty lucky with the dress code for my job; it's the first job I've worked in where there's absolutely no dress code (apart from the obvious health and safety rules) and you're actually encouraged to dress a little bit quirky. The only problem is having major envy from hanging around a group of such well-dressed people all the time.



Skirt, Good Sammys, $4 // Shoes, Good Sammys, $4 // Bracelet, Good Sammys, $6 // Vintage blouse // Black tights // Pigeonhole watch necklace




I got this necklace from work after umm-ing and ahh-ing for ages. I don't want to offend anyone, but steampunk is one of those styles I just don't get. It just holds zero appeal to me personally (but I appreciate it on other people when it's done well!). So at first I thought the watch necklace might be a little bit too steampunky for my taste, but then I thought of it more as a time turner from Harry Potter and I was okay with the idea again.

Speaking of Harry Potter, I have a Potter-themed birthday party to go to next week and I have no idea what to go as! I'm torn between Bellatrix Lestrange and Tonks. I could always go as Umbridge but I don't want people to give me the side-eye all night D:

Well, it's time for me to get my Wednesday night ABC fix!
QuickEdit
Tara
1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. For what it is worth, I vote for Bellatrix ... although that may just be because I love Helena Bonham Carter! :

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!