Crazy Horse


I read an interview with Dita von Teese in this month's In Style (the one with Cate Blanchett on the cover) about her amazing costumes created by Elie Saab, Mr Pearl and Christian Loubitoun for her show at the Crazy Horse. It inspired me to hunt down as many of the photos as I could, so be warned, this is not exactly a dial-up friendly post! However, it is worth it because all the photos are truly gorgeous.
"With each item that comes off, it must [reveal] another beautiful outfit in itself. It’s all carefully calculated in every way."
"I am sure Elie Saab would kill me if I asked for two of everything!! These [costumes] are SO expensive — with all the embroidery and Swarovski crystals and so on – that it would be impossible! We just guard them with everything we can, and there is always security solely for my costumes. They are kept in a room while I’m onstage."
"I found a look I like a long time ago, and I have no desire for change!"
Interview, from here
Photo 1 & 5, from here
Photo 2, 4, 6 & 8 from here
Photo 3 & 9, from here
Photo 7, from here
More, s’il vous plaît?
♥ One of my new favourite websites, 21st Century Pinups, reviews the show.
Fantastic article, if only for the quote "I once met with a stylist. He took my 1940s shoes and told me: 'These would look cute with jeans'. I told myself "You've no business here".

Au revoir!
x
QuickEdit
Tara
3 Comments

3 comments:

  1. Ah! I love Dita. She's my style icon this week. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She always looks so unbelievably stunning, definitely a style icon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love, lovelovelove. CONGRATS on the job missy! Where is it, and how did you get it? Lol, Im still having no luck :(

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!