Bonnie & Clyde



This is the first in a series chronicling the style of our favourite bad girls. All the gumars, mistresses, natural born killers and gun-toting gals all have a special place in my heart, and who better to start with than Bonnie?

While the real Bonnie, of Bonnie and Clyde, was obviously a lot more badass than Faye Dunaway, I'm not sure she would have had this slightly beatnik, effortlessly stylish look going on...









Bonnie and Clyde was made in 1967, and was based on a real-life crime duo, so there ain't no spoilers to be had here. In the film, Bonnie (Faye Dunaway) is a small-town waitress who meets bad boy Clyde (Warren Beatty) and becomes his partner in crime. The pair go from small-time robberies to bigger and more lucrative crimes, and are eventually gunned down in a very spectacular fashion by the local cops.

All the big hair, easy layers and pops of colour kill me. Being able to commit a bunch of crimes without a hair out of place is also a pretty impressive skill. Like her do in the second-last picture - is that a Bumpit I spy?? How else can you get such an impressive beehive in such a situation?!

x




p.s Maybe I was wrong about Bonnie Parker's style... she seemed like she had a little somethin' stylish going on!

QuickEdit
Tara
0 Comments

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!