STYLEAID 2013 | Behind The Scenes


Last Friday night I was incredibly lucky to get a chance to take some photos at STYLEAID (thank you to Muse Bureau for the opportunity!). STYLEAID is a hugely successful fundraising event in Perth, raising money for the WA AIDS Council by putting on a very fancy dinner, an amazing fashion show, an auction and of course a rocking after-party. 

While the guests were polishing off their dinner, the other bloggers and I were snapping pictures backstage, and in hair and makeup. Can I just say OH MY GOOD GOD I never realised how insane it is backstage at a runway show? My only experience with it has been watching the finale shows of Project Runway (HA!) so I assumed it was all exaggerated for reality TV purposes. WRONG! I think there were about forty different models altogether and it was just chaos backstage. CHAOS! I really must commend the stylists, make up artists and the models themselves for managing to pull off such a flawless show! Also, I was quietly devastated that models do not receive the huge amounts of airbrushing I've always assumed - these models were all stunning, with beautiful glowy skin and fab bodies. Also - asking models backstage for 'a quick photo' is the easiest job in the world because they automatically go into full 'model mode' - artfully arched backs, perfect pouts and fierce expressions. I love it!


I still have a couple more posts on STYLEAID to come, so keep your eyes peeled over the next couple of days for my photos from the runway show! 


QuickEdit
Tara
1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. Oh man, I dressed at Styleaid last year and it was so heckers! Wicked photos, looks like so much fun. Totally want me some of those (hair?) garlands.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!