thx thx thx



I have been reading a lot about the THXTHXTHX blog, which is a "daily exercise in gratitude". The author of the site writes little thank you notes to... just about everything. I am definitely a person for whom bitching and moaning are the norm so I thought I would try it this week. Here are my thank you letters!

Dear new mattress,
You are so comfortable it is like sleeping on a cloud, or in a really, really fancy hotel. But all the time! Every night! You also provide excellent bed-jumping opportunities. I like you & I think we will be life long friends.

Dear right knee,
Thank you for choosing to dislocate at home, instead of in public, because I am a massive wuss and tend to cry and scream when my kneecap is poking out the side of my leg. Also, you might not know this, but when you pop out, I get a lot more sympathy and cuddles than normal. So, thank you.

Dear my friend Richenda,
Thank you for messaging me after you saw my status update about my poor knee and asking if I was alright. You are one of my favourite people ever. In the whole world. I am very lucky to have a friend like you!

Dear Monday night,
Thank you for being so awesome & one of the best nights I have had in a long, long, long time. Every time I think about it I smile a little bit.

Dear new dress,
Thank you for giving me a reason to twirl around and feel beautiful. You are really pretty and I like you.

Dear The Book Thief,
Thank you for being such an excellent book and making me get back into reading things other than magazines and blogs. Thank you for reigniting my love affair with books.

Dear Katy Perry,
Thank you for making the song 'California Gurls'. I will probably never admit it out loud but it is my guilty pleasure song and I freaking love it. It has set the scene for many a one woman dance party. I love the video too.

Dear days off,
Thank you for letting me be lazy. Also thank you for reminding me that I hate being lazy and would really, really like to get back to work soon.

Dear everyone reading,
Thank YOU. I love meeting all of you through comments & through your own blogs!

x
QuickEdit
Tara
3 Comments

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I just started reading ThxThxThx recently too! Also, how good is The Book Thief? Markus Zusak has also written a book called The Messenger, it's a bit odd but it's an interesting read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that blog! It's lovely and so are you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi fluffypants! Im sad that we didn't get our catch up :(
    I found the little teensy present I bought you..for Christmas. So you can have it for Christmas in July if I get to see you this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!