You're The Apple Of My Eye


Hello! My River Island apple dress finally arrived, and I've been dying to take photos in it all week. However, I didn't get a chance until today, so the dress' debut will have to be going grocery shopping for eggs and cat food. Whee!

When this dress arrived, I tried it on immediately (of course) and was a little underwhelmed with what I saw. The waist wasn't defined, I couldn't even do up the middle hook and eye clasp and it was just, well, unflattering. After a night spent moping around, I tried it on the next day with a different (better, and much more expensive) bra and it fit perfectly! Hooray!



River Island dress via ASOS // Sportsgirl loafers // Diva ring & locket earrings (?! I know, the idea seems a bit silly!)

I hope you guys aren't sick of seeing these shoes yet. My flat shoes have all seemed to have died a painful and messy death so these are the only flats comfortable enough to wear day-to-day! I love that they add a little vintage-looking twist to every outfit, as well. 





So I had a lot of fun getting dolled up for these pictures... I have to confess, I don't usually lounge around my garden looking wistfully at lanterns and climbing on ladders! I put these Typo lanterns up over the past couple of days; some of my family are coming around for Christmas and so I've been getting a bit overexcited with ideas for decorating! Can you guys recommend any good DIY blogs?

x

Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros - Home
QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. Gah, that dress is just gorgeous on you! I'm so glad you made it work. You probably already know it, but pop over to Design Sponge for HEAPS of DIY goodness, and there is probably lots of christmasy ideas coming up! Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Asos, always the provider of most beautiful dresses! I completely agree with you though, the right bra always seems essential with an Asos dress.
    Only recently found your blog, it's gorgeous and I'm really enjoying it xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous dress! I love the photo with the step ladder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this dress! River Island has a bit of a reputation in the UK for making tacky clothes with the river island logo all over it but in the past year or so they have definitely changed and I'm loving some of their stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tara, lovely content you have, I think you really look like Zooey Deschanel!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!