Sunday Songs 02.01.11


The first Sunday Songs of 2011! There's not much "new" music on here, because that's not really how I roll. Bring on the old classics, I say! Here are three songs that have been particularly favoured on my iPod recently (and I have done A LOT of travelling on public transport over the last couple of weeks, so my iPod headphones have basically fused into my ears!).

♥ The Baseballs - Chasing Cars
I first heard of these guys after seeing this video linked on Tink in my Closet. I'm not a fan of a lot of the original songs they cover, but put them to a rockabilly tune and they instantly become favourites of mine! I've listened to this album incessantly over the last couple of months, and I hope they tour to Australia soon!  

♥ The Beatles - Hold Me Tight
Probably under the influence from The Baseballs, I've been listening to a lot of the early Beatles albums. With The Beatles is probably now my favourite Beatles album of all time, I love the rock & roll (well, 1950s rock & roll) influences on it. It makes me wish I'd been around when it was first released and I could play it on a jukebox while dancing around a diner... okay, so I'm pretty much imagining the diner scenes from Grease but a girl can dream, right?

♥ Madonna - Cherish
I am really digging vintage Madonna lately - forget all this jumping around in a leotard and thigh high boots madness. It may have been brought on by the fact that I recently rewatched the Madonna Glee episode, but no matter! I've never seen this video before (when I was in my watching-Rage-every-Saturday phase, it was more Beautiful Stranger, Frozen and Music) and I can't say that I totally understand why there are mermaids? Que?! Anyway. I quite like the 60s girl group feel of the song.


What songs are you into lately?

x
QuickEdit
Tara
5 Comments

5 comments:

  1. great songs! there's nothing like some great old music. for the past 24 hours though I've had the fantastic mr fox soundtrack on repeat haha, it's been awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankyou thankyou thankyou for your sunday songs most weeks! Our tastes in music are really similar so I love getting on the comp and discovering new to me bands to fall in love with!!! And this week - the baseballs!!! OMG THANKYOU FOR THEM ♥ :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Madonna's Cherish, the flim clip is just gorgeous. Use love dancing to this song when i was younger.

    Love Ms Stef

    ReplyDelete
  4. O'Style - Hehe! Gotta love a bit of Madonna!
    Lisa Grace - I've never heard it (or seen the movie yet!), I will have to check it out!
    emmy cupcakes - No problem! I am glad you like them :)
    ms stephanie - It's the first time I'd seen the clip, I love the song though!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!