Sportswear, Or Wearing Sports


This is probably the closest I'll ever get to ACTUAL sportswear - well, outside of leggings and an old t-shirt, anyway! I found this skirt in a Vinnies 'Retro' store late last year but haven't had the chance to wear it properly yet, as it was a size 16 and kept falling off! Finally I got round to taking it in and now I think it will be a very valuable piece in my wardrobe. I mean, how many skirts do you find that have photos of people playing golf, riding motorbikes and cycling (not sure why these are the only three sports featured on there...)?




I just noticed after I took these photos that there IS sailing on here, too.

It's still ridiculously hot here (it was 41ºC yesterday, and it's 36 today!), so I just paired it with some very simple basics. I'm really hoping this is the last of the big heatwaves before winter... not least because I have some very cute winter clothes on the way to me at the moment.



Thrifted skirt // Portmans black tee // Black flats // Sportsgirl earrings & bag // OPI nail polish in The One That Got Away, from the Katy Perry collection (!)


I'm really sick of having shorter hair, so today I braided it and pinned it up to get it out of the way and off my sweaty neck. I actually quite like it! It's inspired me to do a few more creative hairstyles while I decide what to do with it.

I've also become quite enamoured with red lipstick - I'm just wearing a lip stain in these photos but I bought some lipstick to wear on Saturday night and I loved it! Although after quite a few gin & tonics and white wine sangrias, it probably didn't look as classy as I hoped...

x

p.s I almost forgot another incident from today, I nearly got mugged on the escalator! Luckily I'd just been grocery shopping so I had my wallet in my hand, but I turned around and saw another lady's hand in my bag... eep! That will teach me to use bags with no zipper and a very loose clasp!
QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. That skirt is amazing, what a great find. I love the mustard colour as well. I cannot believe it is so hot over there, its only been in the low 20's here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the print on that skirt. It's so unusual. Very flattering shape on you too. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Close call!

    I love the skirt, though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That skirt is fantastic, what a find!!! I love it :)

    That's terrible that you almost got pick pocketed on the escalator - what did the lady do when you turned around?


    PS- I'm hosting a giveaway if you'd like to enter! Click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have so much love for that skirt! The random selection of sports on it is totally awesome. It looks gorgeous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why users still use to read news papers when in this technological world
    the whole thing is existing on net?
    Review my site Public Nakedness

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!