Advanced Style



To be totally honest, the thought of getting older makes me a little bit terrified and I couldn't even tell you why. I'm only 23, so I still have quite a way to go before the ageing REALLY kicks in, but the thought of being old makes me anxious and I kind of lock it in a little box in my brain. The older women I'm lucky to be surrounded with - my amazing grandmothers, family friends and the like - are all wonderful, inspiring women, which does ease my mind. I know that being old doesn't mean you can't be smart, energetic, inspiring, wise and so on, but for some reason it just weirds me out.

Well, one of the things that makes me dread "being old" a little bit less is Advanced Style. I know I'm about a million years late on this one but I think it's one of the best street style blogs out there. I don't really get into street style blogs that much (which is weird, I love fashion bloggers but street style blogs usually make me yawn. Only so many "off duty models" you can feature before the skinny jeans + brogues + leather jacket combo gets a little tired) but this one, I can read and get inspired with my current wardrobe, and I can be fairly confident I'll still be an seriously stylish senior. 







1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7

So, endless thanks to these rad ladies (and Wanny Di Fillipo) who give me hope that I can be this awesome when I'm in my 60s and 70s! I may not be able to control saggy skin, or dodgy joints, or failing eyesight... but at least I'll be able to rock a sequin boob tube and not give a damn. 

p.s I know that once you get older, fashion and style might not be such a big deal. Obviously my mind isn't consumed by "BUT WILL I LOOK GOOD ONCE I'M OLDER?!". I don't think you need to be out-there in your style to be inspiring, either, but these photos made me smile and I hope they make you smile too!
QuickEdit
Tara
1 Comments

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful!!!! I love this post!
    Live for the moment...not for the number of years you are alive, at the age of 30 i still feel like I am 17...my body doesn't LET me do cartwheels but dagnammit i still try!!!
    Del x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!