WHAT I WORE | Write Away


Hello again! Today I had a meeting about the big news I mentioned earlier... I probably built it up too much but I found out last week I'm going to be a reviewer at the Fringe Festival! There's a group of fifteen and we'll all be covering the shows. I have some pretty excellent ones coming up, so I'll be sure to link them up here when they're up on the Buzzcuts blog! I'm so excited for the opportunity and, of course, to see some amazing shows! I have quite a few burlesque/cabaret/magic (!!) shows to review and I'm over the moon!

Anyway, this is what I wore to the meeting we had with some editors from The West, who are partnering with Buzzcuts for this year's festival. I wasn't sure what to wear so I went with this new dress and shoes from Modcloth, and I figured I couldn't go wrong with my Steve Buscemi badge. 

Sunny Girl dress via Modcloth | Jeffrey Campbell flats via Modcloth | Steve Buscemi badge from Napkin Items | Op-shopped belt



I LOVE these shoes. I have to admit they're a tiny bit snug, but I'm hoping they'll stretch! I had them on my wish list for ages, and they FINALLY went on sale. I thought they were very appropriate for visiting a newspaper office. 

I took these on the Sony Bloggie camera I got for Aidan a couple of Christmases ago. My SLR battery charger has decided to disappear on me (GRRRR), so I'm trying out at a small camera again! It is a lot easier not having to spend ten minutes adjusting the lighting, but I do miss using my Canon. Here's hoping the charger is just under the piles of clothes in my room... If you know of anywhere to get cheap replacement chargers please hit me up! I've only found them for around $80 so far... AIEEEEE!

QuickEdit
Tara
8 Comments

8 comments:

  1. You look wonderful! And how exciting that you get the chance to review shows for the fringe!! I'm hoping to catch a few burlesque and cabarets myself this year :)
    Also Steve Buscemi badges for ALL THE OCCASIONS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I have a couple of burlesque shows (the High Tea(se) and the Chronicles of Burlesque) so I'm very excited!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It was such a good find, I have been looking for a black dress with a white Peter Pan collar for AGES! x

      Delete
  3. Cuuuuute outfit! I love that Steve Buscemi badge too. I'm very jealous of you getting to review (and even attend) Fringe!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!