School's Out


I found out recently that due to some muck-ups on my uni transcript, I actually have 50 more credits to complete before I can officially graduate. The good news is that I'll still be done by the end of the year, the bad news is that I won't be graduating in a couple of weeks. Boo! But anyway, I guess it's kind of a positive thing. At least I can get a few more skills to put on the ol' resume and do some work that I'm really proud of, instead of the half-assed, leave-it-til-the-morning-it's-due work that I usually do.

Anyway, that's a long story, but I thought I would try and psych myself into the back to school spirit with this cute trompe l'oeil dress that I got earlier this year. If you didn't already know, trompe l'oeil is French for 'deceive the eye', which I thought was kind of cool. This dress fits into that category because while it looks like it's a pinafore over a Peter Pan-collared shirt, it's actually... all knitted together and only one layer and I am not wearing a pinafore at all DID I FOOL YOU YET?! It blew my mind a little bit. Well, not really. 

I absolutely love it (and even better, I got it on sale for only a little over twenty bucks). 





ASOS dress // Rubi shoes (Brogues? Creepers? Crogues? Breepers?) // Sportsgirl ring (a 21st present from my best friends)


I love these shoes, too. One of my favourite (and only, which is a bit of a pleasant surprise) purchases of the year! I think they're meant to be like a bit less extreme version of creepers, so they have a bit more of an edge than average brogues. Plus they're super sparkly! Being cheap-o Rubi shoes, they'll probably leave a bit of a glitter trail wherever I go, but I can live with that... 



Well, I have to go and find some edible dinner. I tried cooking chicken cordon bleu for Aidan & I but it turned out raw in the middle and was a bit of a disaster! At least the garlic butter potatoes were alright. 

I hope your February has gone off to an excellent start!

x

p.s Have you noticed that Gin in a Teacup has had a bit of a makeover? Let me know what you think!

School's Out - Alice Cooper 
{My dad has an awesome, awesome collection of vinyl and this is one of the first "rock" albums that I ever listened to. One of my earliest memories is listening to this song and staring at the album cover! So, that's why I have a bit of a soft spot for Alice Cooper. Well, that and Wayne's World.}

QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. I love this dress - its so cute, also nothing wrong with leaving a trail of glitter behind you, its like you're a pixie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is amazing! I do love a bit of tricking the eye myself. The shoes are super cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that dress is AMAZING! It definitely confused me for a second haha. Bless Rubi shoes and their amazing reasonably priced gorgeous shoes - I saw a pair of Armani ones just like those today, but for many many $$ :( and they probably wouldn't leave a fairy glitter trail either! So it's a perfect deal xx tess

    ReplyDelete
  4. the MOST adorable outfit

    ReplyDelete
  5. This outfit is so cute!!! Great posed to go with... ohh, and the song choice too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!