WHAT I WORE | Labels


Hello! I've finally had a spare couple of hours to do an outfit post, and I've been meaning to show you this dress for ages. I bought it a few months ago as a complete impulse buy - it was on sale, at least, and I wore it to Neil Young the next night which was amazing - and I've worn it at least once a week since then. It fits really well, the print is great, and it would be absolutely perfect if it didn't have the asymmetrical seam on the bodice! ARGH! It really annoys me for some reason. 

I also bought the cardigan a couple of weeks ago (it's really dangerous for my wallet working only a few shops away from Dangerfield, it's one of the only chain stores I like going to). I was pretty amused at such a sweet looking cardigan having a slight swear embroidered on the chest. It's a really lovely cardigan, though! I can never say no to a good cardi.

Anyway, I really love this outfit. I especially love when such classic '50s shapes, like the cardigan and the dress, have a slightly quirky print so it makes it a little more tongue-in-cheek, rather than dressing full-on vintage (which of course I love doing too). We play old movies in the store so I've seen Rebel Without A Cause about twenty times in the past week, so I've been feeling a little sartorially inspired by Natalie Wood. 

Revival dress and cardigan via Dangerfield | Rubi flats 

I feel like things are getting a bit more relaxed now that a lot of 'big stuff' is out of the way - Aidan's brother's wedding, starting work at a new, much busier store - but there's still a lot of good stuff coming up soon! A huge amount of birthdays are happening in the next couple of weeks, including my sister's next week! Hopefully I'll get into the groove of working longer hours and actually manage to blog a few outfits. I did manage to pick up some new dresses today that need to be blogged! 

Well, now I'm off to peruse the ASOS sale and watch some trashy reality TV (my favourite!). I've been pretty into RuPaul's Drag Race lately and have just been in awe of RuPaul. I mean, how many shows are there where the host walks down the runway to their own song EVERY EPISODE? And where else would you hear of the name Penny Tration, which is probably my favourite drag queen name ever?! I really think RuPaul's outfits deserve their own blog post soon. Is anyone else as obsessed as I am? 

And with that, I leave you with this insane collaboration between RuPaul and Elton John. I don't know the context of this video, or why it exists at all... but I'm happy that it does.

QuickEdit
Tara
5 Comments

5 comments:

  1. that dress looks fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny Tration - easily the best name ever hahaha.

    You look gorgeous Tara, the dress is made for you! The seam is only a little bit wonky, and I wouldn't have noticed if you didn't say anything... I was too busy trying to make sure I saw everything in the print haha

    xx
    Mon

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so cute! I love that dress on you! (And I'm totally jealous, I feel like the biggest slob right now, lol.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!