Happy Meal



It's finally here! The burger jumper that I talked about way back in this post finally made its way into my eagerly awaiting hands and I've barely taken it off in the two days I've had it. I think that out of almost everything I've worn, this is the thing that gets the strangest reactions from people! They either love it or look at me like I'm a giant booger. I don't think I got reactions like that even when I had purple hair! What's people's beef with the burger?


Mr Gugu & Miss Go hamburger sweater (and it's on sale at the moment!) // Hi There by Karen Walker shorts // Op-shopped loafers // Pigeonhole panter ring // Black tights // My nan's silk scarf



Just a word of advice if you're planning your own burger jumper purchase... They're unisex sizes so I thought I'd order a small, but they're actually quite a slimmer cut than I expected. I don't really wear bulky jumpers so it worked out pretty perfectly for me, but just something to keep in mind if you like your jumpers big and cozy!


I know I've worn this scarf tied into a bow for three out of the last four outfit posts but... I love it. I wore it with this outfit because it was Melbourne Cup day and since I couldn't wear a fascinator to work, this was the next best thing. I know all the hipster teens were doing this look about six months ago but WHATEVER I am OLD NOW and it takes me a while to catch up.

Anyway I had quite an entertaining day watching ladies totter around in their ridiculously high heels and body-con dresses (I work across from two pubs and around the corner from a TAB, so it was pretty much a given on Melbourne Cup day!) and then going to Aidan's mum and dad's house for some lasagna. Not such a glamorous day but it worked for me.

QuickEdit
Tara
8 Comments

8 comments:

  1. ooooo it looks so good! Where is my jumper?! I can't wait :-) I also can't wait for them to release the clown fish and the orange jumpers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The skirts looked pretty rad as well! I kind of wish it was in a sweatshirt kind of fabric but hey it's a burger jumper, I'm not complaining someone actually made it a reality!

      Delete
  2. Oh my GOODNESS, I love it!!! Burger top for the win :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! It is pretty amazing! xx

      Delete
  3. You better believe I just ordered that. I hope it looks as good on me as it does on you! Thanks for the tasty tip ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries my love! I'm sure you will look... DELICIOUS x

      Delete
  4. This jumper is amazing! I don't know why people were giving you weird looks - I would have been all "HOLY SHIT THAT CHICK LOOKS AWESOME". Hahaha, it takes me a while to catch up with trends too. I don't think I even do it intentionally anymore. I just wear stuff & then I'm like "oh, is that a thing right now?".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I know exactly what you mean! I'm glad I'm not a slave to trends (or really I should just say "I'm glad I'm not a teenager anymore", because back then I was a sucker for trends) because geez it would be hard to keep up! xx

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!