2008


Things that have happened in 2008:
♥ I started this blog (and did over 100 posts)!
♥ ...and made some lovely new friends as a result
♥ I changed uni degrees (from Media & Information/Communication & Cultural Studies to Media & Information/Social Sciences)
♥ I got two articles published in Pocketto
♥ I got three articles published in The Western Independent
♥ I celebrated a year anniversary with lovely Boy
♥ I went to Byron Bay & Melbourne
♥ I celebrated my 19th birthday with a burlesque show
♥ I let go of some negative people in my life
♥ I've collected more than 20 vinyl records
♥ In terms of live music, I saw Interpol, Elton John, The Dandy Warhols, Devo, Sigur Ros, Yves Klein Blue, The Wombats, Ben Lee, The Grates, The Panics, Cut Off Your Hands, Kate Nash, PNAU (multiple times, for some reason), Paul Kelly, LCD Soundsystem, & The Police
♥ As for live comedy, I saw Bill Bailey & Ross Noble
♥ I had jobs at Cotton On, Cotton On Kids and as a nanny
♥ I've been living in my apartment for a year

I'm so excited for 2009! I have a feeling it will be a spectacular, spectacular year! I have made a few goals for this year, mostly to do with uni, journalism and with priorities, I hope that everyone has something they can achieve this year!

I'll be taking a little break while I'm down south, where I'm heading for a New Year's Eve party at a house in Mandurah, and then onto Southbound. I should be back on the 5th (that is, unless the Kooks lead singer decides to whisk me away to London after seeing me in the front row... it could happen).

I also wanted to say thank you, to everyone who's reading this, and to everyone who's taken the time to comment & read my blog over the year. It has been awesome getting to know so many people from all over the world who are doing such amazing things with their lives! It means the world to me that you like what I'm doing, so a massive THANK YOU to everyone!

I hope that you have a wonderful, magical, glittery, extravagant New Year's Eve and I'll see you in 2009!

x
QuickEdit
Tara
7 Comments

7 comments:

  1. I hope you have a totally awesome 2009. I have the same front row dream every time I see a band - one day it will happen for both of us hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you too lovely Gin Lover! May all your wishes for 2009 come true :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I love the mustache! Hope you had a wonderful New Years :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwww that was a lovely post! I adore you Tara :) I love your necklace, damn you, its on my mental wishlist! Im glad I met u bunch from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year, lovely lady! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I had a moustache...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys for your NYE wishes! I hope you all have fabulous ones too, you amazing people!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!