Southbound!


Here are some photos from Southbound, which happened on the 2nd and 3rd of January! It was such a perfect way to start the new year, with good friends, good music & ridiculously overpriced drinks. For me the best acts were The Hives (SO AMAZING, plus we were right on the barricade & Pelle came right up to us & I touched his hand which obviously binds us 4 LYFE), Santogold, Lykke Li, Donavon Frankenreiter (who I also got a photo with & his hair poked me in the eye but I didn't know what to do because pushing it away would be a bit too overly familiar and how do you tell someone "Um... your hair's in my eye", and also he featured Taj Burrow's dad on guitar which was pretty awesome), CW Stoneking, The Cat Empire & Franz Ferdinand. Check them out if you get a chance, they are all seriously amazing!

Oh, and the best conversation I heard the whole of Southbound (while standing in the line for chips):
Girl: I feel like ghosting somebody.
Boy (not mine): What about double ghosting?
Girl: Once I did dog ghosting.
Boy: ...
Girl: I just held up my dog behind people until they turned around. Although it kept barking and so it didn't really work.
WHO IS THIS GIRL I MUST BEFRIEND HER IMMEDIATELY.
Hope you all had a fantastic break!
x
QuickEdit
Tara
5 Comments

5 comments:

  1. great photos chicky! i didn't see those box-robot people, so awesome. & that conversation is so hilarious, heee. that reminds me of one me & daniel heard at burlesque.. but more hilarious-in-a-retarded-way than omg-thats-so-cool-hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol @ the random conversation!! SO wish I'd gone!!

    *Sigh* so many bands... so many people... so much sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I was there too!

    I am still amazed by the beauty that was Lykke Li.

    and Santogolds moves were rad.

    buahhaha at dog ghosting!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stompface - Argh! We should have met up and climbed onto the stage at Santogold and been extra cool backup dancers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!