What came first, the misery or the music?


Here's my haul from the record collector's fair!

Top, l-r:
Queen - A Night at the Opera
"I've been with you such a long time, you're my sunshine/And I want you to know that my feelings are true, I really love you/You're my best friend..." - You're My Best Friend
Bruce Springsteen - Born in the U.S.A
"Now I think I'm going down to the well tonight/And I'm going to drink till I get my fill/And I hope when I get old I don't sit around thinking about it/But I probably will..." - Glory Days
Pink Floyd - The Wall
"All in all it's just another brick in the wall/All in all you're just another brick in the wall..." - Another Brick in the Wall Part II
David Bowie - Aladdin Sane
"Crack, baby, crack, show me you're real/Smack, baby, smack is all that you feel/Suck, baby, suck, give me your head/Before you start professing that you're making me dead..." - Cracked Actor

Middle, l-r:
B-52s - B-52s
"We were at the beach, everybody had matching towels/Somebody went under a dock, and there they saw a rock/But it wasn't a rock... It was a ROCK LOBSTER!" - Rock Lobster
David Bowie - Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
"Your face, your race, the way that you talk/I kiss you, you're beautiful, I want you to walk..." - Five Years
Rolling Stones - Goat's Head Soup
"Oh Angie don't you weep, all your kisses still taste sweet/I hate that sadness in your eyes..." - Angie
Soundtrack - A Clockwork Orange

Bottom, l-r:
Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
"It was twenty years ago today/Sgt. Pepper taught the band to play/They've been going in and out of style/But they're guaranteed to raise a smile..." - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Lou Reed - Transformer
"Holly came from Miami FLA/Hitchhiked her way across the USA/Plucked her eyebrows on the way/Shaved her legs and then he was a she/She said 'Hey baby, take a walk on the wild side'..." - Walk on the Wild Side
John Lennon and the Plastic Ono Band - Shaved Fish
"A very merry Christmas, and a happy new year/Let's hope it's a good one, without any fear" - Happy Xmas (War is Over)
The Kinks - A Well Respected Man
"And he's oh, so good/And he's oh, so fine/And he's oh, so healthy in his body and his mind/He's a well respected man about town/Doing the best things so conservatively..." - A Well Respected Man

What are your favourite albums?
x
QuickEdit
Tara
8 Comments

8 comments:

  1. wow, awesome finds! and YESSS ROCK LOBSTER!!! hehe i love that song. have you seen the episode of family guy where peter sings it to cleveland? CLASSIC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow, those are wicked! i am so jealous your kinks album man! actually, i am pretty sure i have the sgt peppers, bruce springsteen & queen, so that's kind of cool.
    i neeeed to go op-shopping, i am hoping i will have time next week- you wanna come & if so what days are good for you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoah those are some awesome albums right there!

    I have waaaay too many favourites to mention so I'll keep it simple and say Joy Division and leave it at that before I start rambling away hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gem - YES! I love that episode!
    amanda - hmm I have about 20 million assignments so maybe next week?
    miss karen - I love Joy Division! I guess you've seen Control? It was sooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i said next week didn't i? but whenever. i'm hoping to go monday morning maybe, but i'm easy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha woops I didn't read it properly! Monday morning is excellent actually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sooo i may have spent $30 today so am kind of broke, & i just remembered i have to work monday morning but if monday around 12 is good for you then we are on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. *dazing into space having David Bowie fantasies*

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!