Ain't no party like my nanna's tea party


My mini-break from the internet has left me feeling a lot better. I've been working on some new posts that I hope you guys will really enjoy! I'm very excited for what's coming up on the site, it will be AMAZING and it will ROCK your SOCKS.
Here's what else I've been up to:
♥ Working at my new job! It's so much fun, I love it. I don't know if I gushed enough about it last time I mentioned it, but it's pretty much a perfect job for me & I love it. When I was sick last week I actually couldn't wait to get back to work! Weird. But in a good way.
♥ Getting my ass whupped by uni... It was so tough during the last couple of weeks (hence the break from the blog), which was a combination of them being quite difficult & me leaving them until the last minute! I only have one exam left and then I'm on holidays until July 17th.

♥ ...And when uni got too hard, laughing until I cried at Cake Wrecks. Oh my God! One of my new favourite blogs. It is SO FUNNY.
Obviously not a wreck, but awesome nonetheless. Also, it is a WEDDING CAKE! WHAAAT? If my husband-to-be presented me with this cake, I would... well I'd already be marrying him, so I don't know what else I could do to prove my UNDYING LOVE. Maybe marry the cake instead?
♥ Becoming a contributor for Word on the Street, a new fashion/arts/lifestyle webzine about W.A. They put this article up on the site & I am so thrilled to be involved! This is the news that I mentioned way back in this post, but I didn't want to say anything until it was officially up. Which it is, so yay!

♥ Overdosing on Project Runway. In part just because I LOVE IT (I'm on Season 4 at the moment, not loving any of the designers yet), and also to keep up with the girls at my new job who actually do Fashion & Textiles courses (and some are actually established designers!). Eep! I really want to learn how to make clothes now...

♥ Decorating The Teacup (my new apartment... my last one was called Gin HQ. Hello, I am a nerd!). Awhile ago, pretty much everything that could go wrong, did - hot water broke, my telephone line was coming out of a hole in the ceiling, and my sofa bed was delivered broken... that's all fixed now, thank God! Now I can get onto the fun decorating stuff!

♥ Been grooving around to the records I bought at the Record Collector's fair - I didn't get to spend as much time there as I would have liked, but I still picked up some cool stuff...
L-R: Parallel Lines - Blondie, 20 Golden Hits - Diana Ross & the Supremes, "Jukebox Hits" (is SO awesome, when I play it I feel like I am at the school dance in Grease!!), With the Beatles - The Beatles, Good Vibrations - The Beach Boys
♥ Spending some of my first paychecks for the year (yes, I had been out of work since December!) at Planet Video & Planet Books in Mt Lawley - some of my favourite places in Perth.
♥ Watching cheesy action movies - think Lethal Weapon, True Lies - and drinking lemon-flavoured beer with Boy ♥ He also bought me Volume One by She & Him and the The Boat That Rocked soundtrack! ♥ ♥ I kind of like him.

♥ Reading Influence and being inspired - by the Olsen twins! Who'da thunk? Very beautiful pictures & amazing interviews - I was impressed! And yes, I know I am about a billion years behind with this observation.

♥ Spending A LOT of time at the video store near my house, Galaxy Entertainment. If you live in Perth it is well worth seeking one out, they have the BEST selection of videos I've seen (I got the Project Runway series there... don't judge me plz) & are not outrageous with their late fees! At my old video store, my mum went to pay my late fees and they were almost $150 :

♥ Been in touch with Michael, of Whooga fame (see here, here and here for reviews by some of my favourite bloggers) who has very generoulsy offered Gin in a Teacup readers a $30 discount to use in the online store! Thank you, Michael!
Ugg Boots

♥ Thinking of a costume for the goodbye party of one of my dearest friends! The theme is 'Around the World'. Any ideas?

OK! Phew! I missed you, internet. Let's be apart again.

x

p.s I missed YOU, too!
QuickEdit
Tara
7 Comments

7 comments:

  1. WOW You've been doing A LOT of things. goodta have you back.
    and yes INFLUENCE is bloody amazing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, blogs are back! <3
    I was doing that annoying 'check-every-day-in-case-there's-a-new-post' thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love influence, too! it is such an inspiring book. i gotta admit, i was always a fan of mary-kate... she just has such an unusual style!
    also, costume idea: geisha!

    http://mademoiselleglitter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that cake is crazy awesome!! I want to see the rest of that wedding..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've watched s4 of project runway and really wasn't inspired by any of the designers either - Kenley was the best for me out of the bunch but she needed an attitude review. It sounds like you've been up to lots of fun things, congrats on the new job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bonjour !
    First time i come across your blog so i'm gonna visit it now :)
    well if you wanna be inspired by my collages/Scrapbook come and take a cup of tea in Boubouteatime :)
    a bientot !
    Boubouteatime xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. a dreamer - I know! When you posted about it that's what made me get it!
    emily jane - Check every day? Just get Google reader silly billy!
    mademoiselle glitter - Ooh, I hadn't thought of geisha! Clever you!
    Annie - Ahh me too! How insanely cool would that be!
    Pretty Little Pictures - For me they were just SO uninspiring, I liked the costume designer guy because he was so over the top and that's it! Haha! I didn't even like Christian because he said 'fierce' UNTIL THE WORD HAD LOST ALL MEANING. & thanks ;)
    boubou - Thank you lovely!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!