The New Romantics


If I had to choose, I would pick Romance Was Born as my all-time favourite Australian label. Although their range is a little out of my price range (although I am planning to snag a piece when I go to Melbourne in a few months!), I have two pieces from their range with Sportsgirl - a dress and a top with the most adorable fabric. I will get around to taking photos of them sometime, I swear! It is a deliciously kooky label, with quirky fabric and fantastic detail. Vogue called their latest collection "when Neptune and nanas collide", and who wouldn't be intrigued by a review like that? Here are the pieces that are currently on my wish list (from their SS09/10 collection, so a few months old, but has been one of my favourites of the year)...
How amazing is the fantastical unicorn princess dress in the last photo? I just want to wear it All. The. Time. I also looove the pompom dress (it reminds me of Fashion Hayley and her love of pompoms!) and the shoes are also amazing. I think it would be very cute to have pompoms on your shoes, even one on each toe. But that might just be me.
Also, you might not be able to see in these photos, but the shoes are stunning. They are covered with tiny shells and sequins and beads (I read on the Vogue write-up that shell artist Esme Timbery was involved, but I'm not sure whether it was with the shoes).
Anyway, I know there is a lot of runway coverage going around but, like I said, this is a collection that continues to inspire me and... there are no words. I think they are just brilliant. Here's the designers (very inspiring and stylish themselves), Anna Plunkett and Luke Sales...

I think that by next year they will be the ones dressing Tavi. Just sayin'. I love where Australian fashion is going at the moment.
x
(All photos from this Vogue runway gallery. Photography by zeduce.org)
QuickEdit
Tara
4 Comments

4 comments:

  1. what awesome, creative photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh are they the ones that made the cate blanchett blanket dress? cos that was awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!