2010 In Review


I love seeing all the blogger's round-up posts of 2010, so I thought I would share mine!


1. I assisted on a fashion shoot for Xpress Fashion & absolutely loved every minute. 2. I lost my job... and then got a new one working for Seed Femme at David Jones. 3. My long-term boyfriend and I broke up and he moved out. 4. My sister moved in with me. 5. I turned 21 and celebrated with a huge party (I haven't had a party since year seven!), drank a heinous amount of champagne and had a fantastic time grooving on the dancefloor with all of my favourite people. 


6. I saw the Pixies, the Aquabats and Reel Big Fish, Echo & the Bunnymen, Florence and the Machine, Eddie Current Suppression Ring, Ben Kweller, Buddy Guy, Crowded House, Angus & Julia Stone, and many more! 7. I failed two units at university due to some of the horrible personal things that happened. 8. I went to ten 21sts. My wallet and liver are glad THAT is over. 9. My beautiful nan passed away. 10. I got an SLR camera for my 21st and still adore it.


11. I worked on two editions of The Western Independent, as a sub and as a chief-of-staff. 12. I went through a freak storm in Perth that terrified me and destroyed half the city! 13. I interviewed Evil Eddie, Los Capitanes, Patrick Hughes, and Lacey. 14. The internship I did the interviews for was unceremoniously canceled, which was a bit of a bummer. 15. I spent a lot of time with my best girlfriends and loved every second of it.


16. I met a boy and fell pretty head over heels. 17. I learned to cook and found that I was actually rather good. 18. I lost my passion for writing... then found it again. 19. I was the sickest I've been in about three years and spent a night having hallucinations about Adobe InDesign! 20. I dyed my hair red (something I've wanted to do for years and years) and am quite enjoying life as a ginger.


I can't wait for 2011. 2010 kicked my ass and I ended the year in a completely different direction than what I imagined. I had some amazing experiences and am really thankful for everything that happened... but I have a feeling 2011 will be full of even bigger and better things and I can't wait to get started!

How was your 2010?

x
QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. Freakin huge year! So many changes and exciting new things. You've inspired me to do a wrap up too (which I'll probably post while everyone else is partying haha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. big year! I hope 2011 is even more fabulous :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to an amazing and crazy year! And an even more amazing and crazy one to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is certainly quite the year you have had my dear! Cheers to another full of opportunities and happiness.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad one of the highlights was working on X-Press Fashion :) it was really nice getting to know you Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  6. harbourmaster - I can't wait to read it!
    Lisa Grace - Thank you, and for you too!
    Miss Peregrin - Yay! I can't wait!
    The Velvet Bow - It didn't seem like such an eventful year until I had it all down on paper (well, computer screen) but yes, I guess it was! Hope your new year is lovely too!
    Dropstitch - You too, it really was a highlight! Loved it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!