Sunday posts make me happy!


I was tagged by the incredibly cute Monster Girl to write a list of six things that make me happy. So, here they are!

♥ I love buying a stack of new magazines and sitting on my balcony, reading them and drinking a cup of tea (white, with one sugar). This also applies to reading new books - I just finished When You Are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris and I loved it! I very highly recommend it.

Photo by alicemariedesign


♥ Rain. This might be against the whole Australian image that everyone loves sun and summer (which I do) but I also love being all cozy and drinking a nice hot drink inside while rain is pouring down outside. It's especially nice at Boy's house because he lives in the hills in Perth, so there is a lot of bushland around outside.


Photo by Tapio Hurme


♥ I love watching a stupid teen movies while eating pizza and painting my nails. I think this happiness is borne from reading about "slumber parties" in one too many Babysitter's Club books! While there will always be a place in my heart for A Clockwork Orange, American Beauty and the like, there's nothing like switching your brain off for a couple of hours and just revelling in the vapidness.

Photo by sheruinsyou


♥ Wandering around the city by myself makes me happy - I only moved to Perth last year and while it's not THE most exciting place to live, I still like discovering great little places. One of my favourites is Empire Toys, which is where I get all my little anime figurines! This one is my favourite (and was actually a present from my sister):


♥ At the moment, the lead-up to Christmas makes me happy. It's my favourite holiday, I get so sucked in by all the Christmas displays and continous blaring of carols and all the Christmas movies on TV. And I love buying presents for people, so this allows me to do it in bulk!

Photo by arkworld

♥ I don't really like eating just toast and cereal for breakfast, but give me a full cooked breakfast and I am all over that thing. I love staying in hotels just for the buffet breakfast! Yum. Now I am hungry for bacon and hashbrowns.

Photo by Arjun

If you haven't done this, please feel free!
x
QuickEdit
Tara
5 Comments

5 comments:

  1. Ok it's like 4pm as I type this but I want breakfast...a BIG breakfast :D

    Awesome list - I love a bit of teen movie action too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these pics. Great banner, too!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. miss karen - ahhh, it's the best. I love breakfast! (p.s I am a nerd)
    couture carrie - thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY for teen movies! I love when it's that time of the month and I'm home alone, I'll totally grab a family block of chocolate, sit in my PJ's and watch bad teen movies bawling my eyes out..haha.

    Empire is one of my fave stores too! I work on King Street so I spend many a lunch-break there & forget to eat :P

    And BREAKFASTS. Whenever we are staying at a hotel, Reece will pick one for me that includes a big brekkie buffet. It's so funny. Whenever we walk past a restaurant he's all, "oooh Emma, all day breakfast! Bet you wanna go there!" It's funny cos I don't eat breakfast normally!

    ReplyDelete
  5. David Sedaris, new books and magazines, big (vegetarian) breakfasts, cheesy teen movies, nail-painting, drinking tea, rain, collecting toys, city walks, Christmas excitement - this is pretty sums up my dream life! Also, if you are into David Sedaris and Christmas, then you should totally read the Santaland Diaries (if you haven't already)!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!