All Shook Up


I thought I would share my latest op-shop finds with you. My boyfriend and I stopped at the huge Salvos store near his house a while ago and while the clothing selection was pretty disappointing - and WAY overpriced (what's up with that, Salvos?) - I did manage to pick up a few goodies.

{I scored this glomesh purse for $4.99. I think I was really lucky that the sticker fell off and the lady gave it to me for way less than what it's worth!}

{This dress needs a little bit of work - I think I'll replace the lining and take it up a bit - but it has a really beautiful, subtle print and is very Marilyn Monroe. It's a white wiggle dress with a pencil skirt and a bit of a risque split up the back - I'll be sure to take photos when it's all fixed up!}

{I bought these shoes on a different op-shopping trip, but I thought I'd share them anyway. They're so cute and I've wanted a navy pair of shoes for years!}


{And now the pièce de résistance - say hello to Elvis! He is quite happily hanging above my collection of teacups, looking quite pensive and dapper. He only cost $7.99, as well. I kept squealing with excitement the whole drive home!}

I also bought a suitcase, but I didn't bother to take a photo since, well, you all know what a suitcase looks like. I've made a little list of what I'm looking for in op-shops (otherwise I end up buying a whole lot of stuff I don't need, which inevitably gets donated back to the op-shop) and it includes more vintage suitcases for storage, sequinned tops, jackets with cropped sleeves, and of course dresses in crazy prints. 

x

Elvis Presley - Viva Las Vegas
QuickEdit
Tara
5 Comments

5 comments:

  1. Which Salvos was it? D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finds... especially Elvis! I bet he looks amazing above your teacups :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I REALLY like the neckline of that dress/straps. Beau!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, that Elvis painting is awesome! I love the navy shoes as well. Some op-shops are getting so pricey now though! I try & go on the days that the Salvos have half-price clothing sales, otherwise it seems like their clothes are too expensive for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anon - I think it was near Ballajura? It was one in the far northern suburbs, anyway!
    kaye - Haha, Elvis would look amazing anywhere!
    Claire Alicia - I'm so excited to fix it up! It will be a perfect holiday party dress :D
    Miss Peregrin - Their clothes are getting SO expensive! I wouldn't mind paying $20 for a proper vintage dress - it would be a bit of a bargain, actually, considering what I pay for vintage clothes I love! - but $20 for Valleygirl or even Portmans and Peter Alexander clothes that have been obviously loved is ridiculous, especially for people that actually need to shop at op-shops!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!