Autumn Print for a Spring Day


Hello! After a longer-than-expected blog absence, I have a lot to tell you guys! I quit my awful job at David Jones and now I'll be working at Sussan. I haven't been in yet - I have a week off before I start and am slowly dying of boredom - but all the people seem really nice and, luckily, it doesn't seem like it's just clothes for the thirty-plus crowd, which is nice. Plus it's so much closer to home than my previous job - no more hour-long bus rides! Hooray!

Tonight I am celebrating finally feeling somewhat normal again with a dinner party for my boyfriend, my sister and her boyfriend. This is what I wore to make a last minute dash for ingredients and clean the heezy.



Vintage dress//Sportsgirl loafers//Diva bow earrings + bird's nest ring



I bought this dress from Etsy many moons ago (in fact, I think this is the last outfit post I did with it), and it's one of my favourites. I love the print and the cut of it and it fits like a dream. It makes me feel very Betty Draper; all I need now is a cigarette in hand and a strong drink (and a Don Draper, ideally). It might be a bit overdressed for a trip to Woolies to buy cherry tomatoes and flowers, but who cares?


One of the things I noticed when I was feeling down the past couple of weeks was that my wardrobe was being dragged down with me. Instead of making the effort to put on all my pretty dresses and go frolicking in the sunshine, I just dressed in leggings (eek!) and boring, oversized t-shirt dresses and slobbed around like it was nobody's business. Earlier this week I decided to put on one of my favourite vintage finds - a lurid green number with white polka dots - and I was amazed at how much it lifted my mood. I hope it doesn't sound shallow to say that clothes make you feel better, but I think they really do have a hand in changing your mood.


Anyway! I have waffled on for long enough and I have a dinner to prepare for. I will try and take some photos... I'm a bit ridiculously proud whenever I manage to cook something without it going horribly wrong. Fingers crossed!

x

The Polyphonic Spree - Reach For The Sun
QuickEdit
Tara
10 Comments

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new job! It's such a great feeling to ditch a crappy job, and get a shiny new one.

    That dress looks absolutely gorgeous on you, no wonder it is one of your favourites! I completely agree that clothing can really lift your mood. On days when I feel the worst, I have started putting the most effort into what I wear because it always makes me feel better to look cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about the clothes thing, curling my hair in the morning (seriously, its a five minute commitment) makes me feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. definitely! if you look good you will at least feel a little bit better - personally i can't leave the house with unwashed hair haha.

    but anyway that dress fits you perfectly and you look lovely, and yay for sussan! i love sussan, hope it goes well for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it's shallow at all, I think clothes get a bad rap for being shallow when we all know what a difference they can make.

    I've guiltily looked at Sussan windows in the last couple of weeks and thought their new season clothes were awesome. This makes me feel a lot better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is super-cute! And I quite agree, clothes have a huge effect on the way you feel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous frock - it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, and that's awesome news about the new job! Miss yewww :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. never under-estimate the power of feeling beautiful, you look amazing and should feel the same :)
    Alice xx
    wishiwereaudrey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks guys for your lovely comments and for making me feel much better! I agree, dressing up when you're feeling down has an awesome effect on your mood! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!