Groovin' the Moo (Instax Style)


Hello! I thought I'd share some of the photos I took with my new FujiFilm Instax Mini camera while I was at Groovin' The Moo. It's a music festival that happens in my hometown of Bunbury (about two hours away from Perth) and I was lucky enough to get to review it this year (which you can read all about here). There were some particularly excellent acts this year - 360, Kimbra, Matt Corby, Ball Park Music, the Hilltop Hoods, and Public Enemy - and it was made even sweeter by the fact that some of my friends were also there for fun times!





As you can see, my scanning skills still have a long way to go!...
I was actually really impressed with the Instax Mini. I bought it from work (my camera collection is rapidly increasing the longer I work there!) and I found it so easy to use and not too heavy to throw into my bag and carry around all day. The film was ridiculously easy to load into the camera as well - way less fiddly than the Diana film.





The settings are fairly easy to get your head around - that photo in the middle of the trio above was the first photo I took, and how could you not be happy with that? - but the photos looked really washed out if I took them in really bright light. It's great for taking photos inside and at night, but during the day in a well-lit area? Not so much. 






The film is quite a bit cheaper than Polaroid film, too; about $2 a photo rather than $5. The only downside that I could really find was the size of the photos - they come out as a credit card size rather than a bigger Polaroid size. But, I've found a really cute way to display them (which I'll show in a later post). 

And as for the festival itself, that was pretty awesome too. It was one of those weekends that left me ridiculously happy (and not because of all the cider that was consumed). I was kind of surprised that my favourite act of the day was the Hilltop Hoods, although Kimbra was of course amazing as well. You can read the whole review of the day here

Thanks for reading! If you have any other questions about the camera (or the festival, or anything really, I'm not the boss of you) just leave them in the comments. 

x
QuickEdit
Tara
2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Cute photos! I've been tossing up the idea of getting an instant camera for myself lately, but I'm still not sure what type to go with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Instax, & the film works out A LOT cheaper per photo... but then, nothing really compares to the Polaroid, does it? I'm still thinking of getting one to be honest, my camera collection is getting OUTTA CONTROL =/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!