Red, White & Blue


Hello! I'm finally on the way to feeling well again and actually felt like putting together a halfway decent outfit. I felt a little bit Jubilee inspired in this blue jumper, red and white spotted dress combination (not to mention the Topshop sandals). Though to be honest, it is an outfit that's inspired by British bloggers like Yours, Truly and Gem Fatale, so there is some kind of connection...



I'm finding new ways to wear items I've avoided for years - like jumpers. I bought this onw a while ago and planned to just wear it like a top, but then it occurred to me that I could actually layer it too (like, um, it's intended purpose as a normal jumper). I love the way the collar peeks out with this dress.


ASOS jumper // Revival dress from Dangerfield // Meow Girl necklace // Pigeonhole vintage button earrings // Topshop jelly sandals

In these photos you can also see my latest Peggy Sue's haircut! I am so glad to have my fringe back again. I feel a little naked without it. I'm still getting to terms with having a bob after so many years of growing my hair, but I do feel a bit '60s and a bit mod with this style. I still can't wait for it to grow back out again, though. 

The sandals were a hastily chosen late night purchase, and after I'd pressed 'Pay Now' I did have a moment of thinking, really? A pair of glittery jelly sandals when we're heading into winter? What the eff? But then when they arrived a few days ago I gleefully pulled them out the box and have pretty much not taken them off since.  

I got this pug necklace at the opening of the Pigeonhole pop-up store. Even though it was more than I'd usually spend on a necklace, I couldn't resist! If you've been reading my blog for a while, you'll know my ridiculous obsession with pugs. I am sad to report that I am no closer to owning one, despite vigorous campaigning. Boo.


And now I'm off to rummage up some dinner and enjoy the last couple of hours of the public holiday! I hope you all have an excellent start to the week!

x


QuickEdit
Tara
10 Comments

10 comments:

  1. Ehehe I love your funny little commentary that goes with your outfit pics! :)

    xx S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha thank you! I'm glad someone appreciates my random thoughts! x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It's on sale at the moment too ;) x

      Delete
  3. super wonderful! i love this! xx

    natalieoffduty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! It feels so much better to be making an effort with my outfits again!

      Delete
  4. Freakin love those jelly sandals, hoping they have some left in my size! Super cute jubilee outfit. It's nice that when the British think 'red white & blue national dress' it isn't just flag bikinis...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA this comment made me laugh because it's so true! It's either flag bikinis or big flags wrapped up into a teeny tiny wrap dress (or bandanna top worn with denim shorts)... xx

      Delete
  5. the most darling outfit ^_^
    is topshop deliverable to perth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And yep, Topshop is deliverable to Perth - I think it was about $12 shipping for these shoes? It takes a while to get here, but you can get express shipping too :)

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!