Minty Florals


Hello again! I've been flat-out working at one of the Sussan stores, filling in for an assistant manager, so I haven't had much time to post. And I'm sure no one wants to see outfit posts filled with Sussan clothes (though to be fair, I have found some surprisingly cute things to wear to work). Anyway, the store that I'm working at is right down the road from a little vintage store called Lucy in Disguise, which is where I picked up this dress. I actually discovered it when my trusty black flats literally fell apart at work and I had to staple them together until I could run out on my lunch break and buy some new shoes. I thought I might as well buy a pair of cute vintage ones, instead of some emergency cheapie flats that would fall apart in another couple of weeks anyway. So I walked out with a pair of white heels and went straight back the next day to pick up a couple of dresses.



Vintage dress & belt // Wittner loafers // Gifted ring // Sportsgirl bag & rose earrings



I picked up this bag from Sportsgirl with a voucher I got for my birthday. I don't usually buy 70s-inspired pieces but this was too adorable to pass up! It's actually a surprisingly good size for a handbag, I've been using it nonstop. This is a big deal for me, because usually I'm not much of a bag person and just use the same one until it's pretty much destroyed.



Anyway, that's all from me for now. I'll try and make an effort to take more snaps this week so my blog is a bit more lively! In the meantime, here's one of my new favourite songs that is very appropriate for dancing around in the sunshine. 

The Black Keys - Lonely Boy

x
QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. The dress is very cute! And nice find with the bag, although I love the 70's leather look :) Xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dress is so feminine! I love the print!!

    hugs (^.^) hope to hear from you *
    amyflyingakite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a pretty dress... and the shape really suits you.

    BTW... Love to add you to my growing list of Perth/WA based crafty and creative bloggers over here:

    http://amoebahandmade.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw what a sweet outfit & bag! I would have never guessed it's from Sportsgirl.. it looks vintage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miss Claire - Thank you! I'm becoming a bit more into the 70s now - not necessarily the whole disco look but definitely all the leather and fringing and all that (a la Stevie Nicks!).
    Amy - Oh thanks! It's a gorgeous print, I think it's perfect for spring & summer! I'm very lucky to have found the dress.
    Emma - Thank you, I have more floral dresses than I can count so hey, what's one more? I would love to be added to your list, thanks! :D
    CHIMMI GURUNG - It was a 21st present from one of my friends, she clearly knows my taste very well!
    Hannah - I know! Sportsgirl have really stepped up their bag game lately, I've bought four (all on sale!) from them in the last three months or so!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!