Have a Whiff!


I've been looking for some new perfume for a while, but in the meantime I thought I would let you know which ones I was using!


Vera Wang Princess, $80/50ml

The first time I got this perfume was when I was visiting Queensland with my mum, and along with the 100ml bottle I got five phone charms and a mini version of the perfume. Unlike most mini versions of perfume this was an actual teeny replica of the heart bottle, complete with tiny gold lid. Apparently the notes in the fragrance are water lily, apple, chocolate, musk and vanilla, but really the only thing you can smell is vanilla after you've had it on for a while. This is the perfume I use most often, it works pretty perfectly as a day fragnance.


Thierry Mugler Star, I got mine for $35!

Yes, I got this on sale, and it was only because Angel (the one I REALLY wanted) had been on sale for $55 a few days before but I forgot to get it. Anyway it was only when I was halfway up to the cash register that I realised that this was NOT Angel but a completely different one. It's another vanilla-based perfume (also with "aqautic notes", mimose [?], and patchouli), but is a bit heavier so it is better for night, otherwise I think I overwhelm the people around me with its sweetness. It is also the only one of my three perfumes that gets constant compliments from Boy, if that is any indication of its popularity with the opposite sex!


Oscar de la Renta Bamboo, a birthday present!

I got this last year for my birthday from Amanda and some other friends, and I have to admit I haven't worn it much this winter because it's really more of a summer scent (and reminds me of summer when I wear it!). The notes sound kind of like an ingredients list for an exotic cocktail - lime, cardamum, green tea, bamboo leaves, water lily, veviter and cedar. Yum! Also I like the bottle design, I think it's quite unusual (and this picture does not do it justice!). I usually go for florals more than crisp scents like this one, but in summer it comes into heavy rotation!



What perfume do you wear? Are you a one-perfume kinda gal (or guy), or do you have a "perfume wardrobe", as they say? And any recommendations are very welcome!

x
QuickEdit
Tara
7 Comments

7 comments:

  1. i forgot we bought you that! i love that perfume. i have with love by hilary duff & fantasy by britney spears that i wear all the time, & a few others that i don't really wear much- a blue clinique one that i wear more in summer, it's a really sharp scent, not many people like it. umm a whole bunch of mini body shop ones which are rather yummy & yeah thats it! haha.
    i really liked lovely by sjp & there was this one anna sui ages ago that i liked..
    i actually really like men's scents, i have to admit. i would love to wear men's cologne but would have to find one that didn't remind me of ex-boyfriend's or my dad.. haha :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oscar de la Renta Bamboo is lovely!! Im definately more than a one fragrance man, depends on the time of day and time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a zillion perfumes but at the moment I'm trying to use up my J'Adore that I've had for about 8 years - I hate it but I don't want to throw it out. Ralph Lauren's Style is my favourite at the moment, although it used to be Marc Jacobs and then I ran out and was too pov to buy another bottle hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. amanda - i love men's cologne too, but i think it's because it reminds me of boys who actually bother to wear cologne and not just lynx, haha.
    dapper kid - i used to be a perfume monogamist but i much prefer having a few to suit my mood!
    miss karen - i love marc jacobs perfume! what does the ralph lauren style one smell like?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never used to buy perfume, but this year I bought DKNY Be Delicious after smelling it in stores for a long time and loving it every time! It's really fresh and nice. I also have 'Bond Girl' from Avon, I don't think it's been released yet but my cousin works for avon so she gave me a bottle. It's more of a heavy, sexy, night time perfume. I need to get me some of that Bamboo perfume, I have a bamboo & jasmine scented candle and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh, I love perfume!! I wore Angel for about five years, but now for some reason it doesn't smell as good on me. Weird.

    So now I wear Lolita Lempicka (the original one) in Spring/Summer, and Lolita Lempicka 'L' in Winter.

    BUT! My mum just gave me a new perfume for my birthday, Midnight Poison by Dior, and it is DIVINE. Fairly strong, so I guess it is more of a night-time scent, but man, I'm in love :D It's kind of similar to Angel, but not quite as sweet, and it has some spicyness to it. You should try it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ali - i bought DKNY be delicious for my sister a while ago, i do sometimes sneak a spray of it! the oscar de la renta perfume is really nice, i highly recommend it!

    gem - i will definitely have to give midnight poison a try, it sounds great! i've been looking for a night-time scent that's a bit stronger than angel. you must have read my mind! are you my perfume twin? :P

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!