What I Wore 7.9.08 (Father's Day!)


Today was Father's Day here in Australia, so I met up with my mum, dad and sister in Mandurah (about an hour from Perth, and about an hour from where they live). We had a picnic at the foreshore and then coffee and little French cakes!

When I got dressed this morning all I could think was "Florals...for Spring...groundbreaking." But whatever! I was going on the first picnic in Spring, so screw Miranda Priestly!


Dress: Valleygirl//Cardigan: Cotton On//Belt: Valleygirl//Shoes: I ♥ Billy//Necklace: Diva//Watch: Singapore


I got my dad a book of rock posters from 1972 to 1982. It had a poster of Debbie Harry from Blondie on the front cover, and David Bowie circa his Aladdin Zane album cover on the back, so I thought I couldn't really go wrong. My dad has great music taste, he used to play Dark Side of the Moon incessantly when I was younger (even though then I didn't really appreciate it at the time, I do now!) and bought me my record player (as in, vinyl player) for Christmas last year! Anyway happy Father's Day to my dad!

x

QuickEdit
Tara
9 Comments

9 comments:

  1. you look so cute, & i adore that dress OMG. the print is so lovely & the cut is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That dress is sooo pretty and I LOVE the necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look really beautiful! is the name of your blog an Albion reference? haha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. amanda - thanks! i was pretty surprised to find it at valleygirl to be honest!
    dapper kid - the necklace was only $3! can you believe it?
    carrie - aw thank you! haha it was possibly a subconcious reference, i love the libertines so i was pretty happy when i realised :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. pretty print! Must have been fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your dress here - and that's such an awesome Father's Day present!

    ReplyDelete
  7. annie - well he thinks he is anyway :P
    ellie - thank you! & it was :)
    miss karen - hehe, i wanted to keep it for myself! i am seriously tempted to buy another copy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh look, you travelled all the way out to the sticks :) lol.

    I love the swallow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!