What I Wore 22.01.09


Last night Boy & I went to see Jeff Beck, who, if you don't know, used to be in The Yardbirds - who you might remember being in Blow Up if you are AWESOME - and The Jeff Beck Group. I didn't actually know a lot (well, any) of his stuff post-Yardbirds, but I thought he was pretty great. And he kind of looked like an older Noel Fielding, so I was OK with that. AND his bass player was this amazingly talented 22 year old who looked like a cross between Ellen Page and Natalie Portman.

It was at Perth Concert Hall, which I thought would mean it was a bit more dressy because it was an actual sit-down concert. Unfortunantely no one brought THE GLAM as I did and so I felt way, waaaay overdressed in a sea of jeans and dirty t-shirts. Not that being overdressed is a bad thing, but VIZ:

Top: Cotton On//Skirt: Route 66//Shoes: Zu//Earrings (which you can't see but are little pink safety pins): From Amanda

I love this skirt so much, it's the first thing I bought when I went to Melbourne last year and, at that point, was the most I had ever spent on an item of clothing. Also, when I wear it, I feel like a burlesque queen! It is fantastic.
Here is some Yardbirds goodness to get you through your Friday:


Have a great Friday!

x

QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. =O You look so damn hot!!!

    Hope you broke some necks while you were turning those heads :)

    Love the roses on the back of the dress to :) just amazing! & the shoes. *sigh* so much hotness

    Hope you had a fantastic time in amongst the sea of jeans xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah girlie. You should feel like a burlesque queen, coz you look like one! Love the yardbirds, so I'm quite jealous you got to go. There's just too much on at the moment and only so much money I can spend on tickets... =(

    ReplyDelete
  3. The skirt is absolutely wonderful and I adore the red shoes :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like a Burlesque Queen, m'dear! Glamming it up suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMIGOSH Tara you look amazing!!!!! I am superbly jealous of your skirt and figure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bambola - Aw shucks, you make me blush :P
    wildandpreciousart - Thanks! I wish he HAD played some Yardbirds songs, I love them!
    dapper kid - Thank you! I like your new profile pic :)
    Shannon - Thank you, it was quite a change from my usual trackies-and-oversized-tee combo!
    Em - Oh you are too kind!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!