"You always were a cunning linguist, James."


As I mentioned in my last post, I am going to be away for a week on a little island called Rottnest. I go with my family, and some family friends, every year and it's so much fun! It's such a beautiful place and I really love going to the beach - before I moved up to Perth my house was a ten minute walk away, and I miss being able to go whenever I feel like!
As always before I go, I have a big panic about what to wear. Most of my summer clothes don't really translate to lounging around on a beach, I just feel blah when I try and dress ultra-casually! So, I thought I would look to some 60's and 70's Bond Girls for some style inspiration, they always seem to be in bikinis, or at the very least, stylish and summery clothes (well, has there EVER been a Bond movie set in the depths of winter?) Well, maybe I won't be covering myself in gold paint or attaching a gun to my bikini, but you have to have inspiration, don't you? I actually have a Bond poster (for Thunderball, which isn't my favourite but the poster is AWESOME) on my living room wall.
Ursula Andress, as Honey Ryder in Dr No

Shirley Eaton, as Jill Masterson in (surprise!) Goldfinger

Honor Blackman, as Pussy Galore in Goldfinger

Jill St. John as Tiffany Case in Diamonds are Forever

Claudine Augur, as Dominique Dervall in Thunderball

Britt Eckland as Miss Mary Goodnight (uh, OK) in The Man With the Golden Gun

Also, to everyone who said they would love to do a guest post - from memory that was Liv, Em, Vixel, Bucca, and QueenBitch - THANK YOU! That's fantastic! :) Just send me an email at tara_lloyd89@hotmail.com so I can find out your lovely ideas!

Oh, and in even BETTER news (sorry guys), I got a job! Only a temp job for the next couple of days, but it sure beats sitting on the couch watching Sex and the City DVDs over and over. Of course by lunchtime tomorrow I will probably be wishing I was back home in my PJ's...

x
QuickEdit
Tara
9 Comments

9 comments:

  1. Oh srsly, woot! for employment!

    White bikini Dr. No girl has always been the sassiest, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I now need to watch James Bond Movies :) great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. All this Bond talk reminds me of the theme of my schools last homecoming. It actually turned out really pretty.

    Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the temp job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so funny, I JUST watched Thunderball for the millionth time the other night ...I adore 60's and some 70's Bond films ...the details are divine ...in fact, I was pondering a post as well :) Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun on the trip! Love the Tiffany Case and Mary Goodnight bikinis. Oh oh and the new blog layout is yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. fabulous films

    www.balmainbazaar.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. there's something so glamourous about those bond girls!

    xoxo
    www.littlemissdressup.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW JOB! That's wonderful! :)

    Have a lovely break, and ''see'' you when your return! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!