Useless information supposed to fire my imagination


So, what have I been up to in my absence from the interwebs? Obviously if I don't document it, it didn't happen. So, I've...
♥ had a nasty cold, courtesy of the Boy :(
♥ found THE MOST AWESOME Halloween-themed cardigan at an op-shop, unfortunantely it is at Boy's but believe me, photos will come
♥ been to a Myths & Legends themed party - I went as quite an obscure Greek myth, about a statue (Galatea) that was brought to life. It was quite the awesome party though. I didn't want to use pictures with other people, here is one of me looking quite the fool:

I wore a dress that my grandma made in the 70's, which looked suitably Grecian. In this particular photo I was standing in between Sinbad and Plato; also at the party were Monkey Magic (Boy :D), Jesus, the guy from Mythbusters, Medusa, Thor, Moses, a mermaid, a phoenix, and a minotaur!
♥ moved into my new house
♥ searched high & low for good dance or yoga classes in Perth
♥ found out that I could be eligible for the government tax bonus when I thought that I wasn't :)
♥ celebrated the 18th birthday my favourite person ever, my little sister...happy birthday beautiful!

♥ been on the lookout for the perfect (fake) fur coat...any suggestions?
♥ been on a job interview for Bardot (I didn't get it) where I had to do a presentation... has anyone else had to do this at an interview before? Just curious!
♥ seen Dylan Moran live! I was a bit disappointed actually, he was of course charmingly hilarious but the crowd was really awful. They weren't exactly heckling but they were continually yelling out stuff & taking photos & you could see him getting more and more pissed off. I hope he comes back to Perth, he's one of my favourite comedians!

♥ been on a never-ending search for a new blog layout

What have you been up to?

x
QuickEdit
Tara
9 Comments

9 comments:

  1. Hello! I've been reading your blog for while and thought I would say hello/I think your great! I saw Dylan Moran too but was way up the back so I had to squint to see him. I also think there were some knobs in the crowd and maybe the venue was too big.. the Burswood Theatre is HUGE for one man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hunting for a good yoga class too!! If you find one, let me know and I shall stalk you there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Dylan Moran - he's beautiful, and I have an odd crush on him. I think lots of girls do!

    As for fake fur cote - go vintage, there are some great fake ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. choirinmychest - Aw, your comment totally made my night! I was about six or seven rows back and some idiot took photos of him THE WHOLE NIGHT. Not to sound like a wuss but having flashes go off next to your ear every couple of minutes is quite distracting.
    T - Definitely! I know there is a donation-only one in the city somewhere but I think it's on a Wednesday morning.
    mysterycreature - I actually saw some fantastic secondhand ones but they were $90 and $100! So they may not have been fake but goddamn I wanted one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look soooo lovely as Galatea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. you had to do a presentation at a job interview?? that would make me so uncomfortable!

    oh, and by the way, has your print arrived yet? i posted it a couple of weeks ago...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Annie - Aww thank you! It was a bit of an obscure thing to go as but I liked it!
    Gem - It was a bit strange! & yes the print arrived, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I've been following your blog for a wee bit and have mustered up the courage to finally post a comment. Ever since Run Fatboy Run, Dylan Moran has been one of my most favourite comedians!
    His irishness is the icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aw you're so sweet! I love his Irishness, I just want to bear his Irish-accented babies. Was that too creepy?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!