Christmas Wishes!


I usually have a huge brain freeze whenever someone asks me what I want for Christmas - obviously there's nothing I really "need", but it's hard to get excited about opening numerous Body Shop gift packs (not that my family usually resorts to that, but you never know...). So, without further ado, here is my 2009 Christmas wishlist:

Modcloth goodies (click for a larger view)!
In particular, I have been lusting over the Regina dress (top left hand corner) for many months now! I may be the only person in the world willing to wear an orange dress, unfortunately it's price tag has it resigned to the wishlist! I almost bought the Delta Blues dress (going clockwise now!) the other day but when I realised the Lookout, Cookout dress was on sale, well, I couldn't resist! It looks perfect for everyday wear, though, and would look amazing with a pair of brogues! The Count The Ways dress and Curator skirt show my recent obsession with ruffles, and as for the Petticoat Junction dress, it's pretty self-explanatory why it's on there! Also obsessed with the Andy Warhol-inspired Soup Brogues, I did an assignment on pop art in my first year at uni and since then I have been in love with anything Warholian! The Bachelorette Party dress reminds me of an I Dream of Jeannie costume, don't you think it has a 50's style elegance to it? And finally, the Born to be Wild and Dearly Beloved boots will give my summer dresses a much needed 90's grunge influence!

A satchel from the Cambridge Satchel Company
I saw one of these on WishWishWish ages ago, then again on Gala's blog, and after checking them out for myself I am in love! All of my (admittedly very cheap) bags end up with broken straps from the weight of my uni books, so having a stylish alternative would be bliss! I am particularly greedy for this one, the 14" vintage brown satchel.

Pretty underthings
I think I have featured this exact lingerie set from LouLou Loves You, but I can't help it! I'm in love! I have bought a bow from LouLou Loves You before, but I would die to try to gorgeous underwear sets that are for sale! This particular set is called the 'Love' set (aww!) and I am in love with the turquoise and pink combination.

Etsy jewellery!
First of all, the gorgeous Cupcakes and Mace store, which is one of my favourites, has made an adorable/badass vampire necklace (please, no Edward Cullen references) which is high on my 'want' list. Also deservingly on the wish list is the unicorn necklace, I have been looking for some type of unicorn adornment and this one isn't over-the-top, it's just simple and cute. I'm sure by now you've seen the cupcake rings around the blogs, but that doesn't stop me from coveting one with all my might! The next shop is another one that has been featured on the blog before, the lovely CuteAbility store. My picks are the Sounds like a Singer necklace - I'm just learning how to sew, so it is particularly special!, the typewriter necklace, for obvious reasons (and it even has writing on the paper coming out of it!), the tempting taco earrings - again, for obvious reasons (and look at the detail, I love it), and finally, the cuckoo clock necklace - don't you think it looks like something you would find in a doll's house?

Other honourable mentions: Textbook Romance by Zoe Foster (I have heard only good things about it and can't wait to read it!), a vintage style bike, a new laptop, typewriters, stuff for the haus! Hopefully this has given you a few gift ideas for your loved ones or even the inspiration to pick something up for yourself!
Thanks Santa!
x
p.s I know Christmas is not all about getting presents, I am thankful because it means spending time with my family, Boy's family, friends & good food!
QuickEdit
Tara
1 Comments

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!