Because chocolate chip cookies fix everything.


I have been making this recipe for years and years. It's the only thing that I know will turn out well whenever I cook it. I thought I would share the recipe because it is incedibly easy and incredibly delicious.

 Here are some I prepared earlier!

What you'll need:
1/3 cup of oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 cup of self-raising flour
1/2 cup of plain flour
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1/3 cup of chocolate chips


Step 1 - Preheat the oven to 180°C. Remember to grease your baking tray!
Step 2 - Put the egg, brown sugar, and oil into a bowl and mix well with a fork.
Step 3 - Sift in the self raising flour, plain flour, and cocoa.
Step 4 - Fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 5 - Mix all THAT together (with the same fork if you want to save on washing up).
Step 6 - Knead the mixture with your hands to make a soft dough and to get delicious cookie mixture all over your hands.
Step 7 - Roll the mixture into little balls - mine are usually pretty small and very round, probably about 2 cm across & up and down - and place onto the tray. Remember to space them apart quite a bit - I have done the opposite before and ended up with giant mutant cookies. Delicious, but not very attractive.
Step 8 - Cook those babies for 12-15 minutes (depending on how crunchy you like your cookies. I like mine soft and chewy).
Step 9 - Let the cookies cool for about five minutes.
Step 10 - Devour!

Yum!

I am not wearing a monocle in this picture, it is just a reflected light spot... thing.

x
QuickEdit
Tara
4 Comments

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! I lov choc cookies - looks like a nice recipe to follow with things that are always in my pantry :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh, they look delicious! And easy to make! Might have to try that recipe out after I do my next food shop...thanks for sharing :)

    x Claire

    www.jemimaandgeraldine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yuuuuuuuuuuuum. And I wish you were wearing a monocle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle - Yep, surprisingly I actually did have all these ingredients! No actual dinner kind of food, just stuff for choc chip cookies!
    Miss Claire - No problem, I hope you enjoy them!
    Em - Me too... that's the dream.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!