Lomovember


By now you probably would have heard about Movember, the charity that raises awareness of prostate cancer by encouraging men to grow a mo. If they can manage that. I think it's a great (and sometimes HILARIOUS) cause, but what if you're a lady and don't want to grow a mustache? Or a man not keen on giving out pash rash every time he wants to kiss someone? Well, Pigeonhole - who, as you may know, are one of my favourite Perth stores - hold an event called Lomovember, in which beautiful Lomo photographs are displayed and auctioned off, with profits going to Movember.


Here are some of the works from last year, I think they are absolutely gorgeous. I wish I were that handy with a Lomo!

"Above Manhattan", Ricki Burns, 2009

"Secret Garden", Hannah McGrath

"London", Clare Stacey

I can't wait to see what the photos are like this year!

For more information, check out the Lomovember website. See you on the 19th!

x
QuickEdit
Tara
2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I am super excited for Lomovember - and it's not just because I have been helping to put the event together! It is for a great cause and I think also helps promote lomography in such a unique way. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Tara,

    Your blog is so cute! I hope you had so much fun last night at Lomovember, and thanks for doing a post on it.

    Did you bid on any pictures? If so you should come tomorrow at about 4.30ish to make sure you won!!

    Lots of Love,

    Charlie
    Lomo Coordinator

    charliecharming.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!