Tara Reviews... Button n Thread Boutique


When Button n Thread asked me to review their online boutique, I was happy to, but also a little hesitant. You see, I have had to cut down on my working hours somewhat, and I really don't need another excuse to spend my money. I have actually perused their website a few times, but they have some gorgeous new pieces in for summer. There are plenty of cute items for sale, and here are my favourites...

1. Polo Long Dress in Light Blue, $49

Lately I've had a bit of a thing for longer length dresses and skirts. This polo dress is very Ralph Lauren, and in my opinion, has an "Oh, I'm just coming home from the country club" kind of vibe to it. It looks very grown up, crisp and sophisticated. I would wear it with tan, high heeled, peep toe clogs and a tan skinny belt - perhaps with a blue and white striped shoulder bag.

2. Barbie Dress with Ribbon, $53

I may be a bit biased - I saw this dress in a post from Le Blog de Sushi and thought it looked absolutely stunning! Unfortunately the navy is all sold out, but the gray is just as lovely (just quietly, I do have a soft spot for that gray marle colour). I think this dress would look adorable with a pair of clogs and a straw boater hat.

3. Casual Blue T Dress, $49

I think this dress is one of those "Looks weird on the hanger, looks great on" kind of deals. I like the whole drapey, loose look - especially for ridiculously hot summers, which I KNOW I mention at least twice every post but COME ON IT'S FREAKING HOT - even though I'm not one hundred per cent sure that I can carry it off with much aplomb!

4. Summer Jumpsuit, $59

For some reason, I love jumpsuits. I don't actually, you know, OWN any but I've always admired the effortless, just-been-featured-on-The-Sartorialist look that they exude. This would be a good (but brave!) way to get into the khaki/camel or even the military trend, paired with some skyscraper heels, a black belt and a studded clutch.

The good: The dresses, especially, are really cute; they're very on-trend and there are pictures of celebrities wearing them included, so you can see where the inspiration is from. The clothes are well-priced and there's many a perfect little pick-me-up item.

The bad: Not all of the photography is great (and not all consistent, which is a bit of a pet peeve for me!), and I found quite a few of the dresses were only "recommended" up to a size 10. As a 12, this left me wondering a bit if there was anything that would actually fit me!

However, do check out the boutique - your wallet may not thank you, though! Button n Thread are currently offering free shipping to Australia, New Zealand and Singapore until the 31st December, 2010 - what more excuse do you need?

x

{While I was contacted by Button n Thread to do this review, I do not receive any monetary compensation for mentioning them on my blog. Please read my Advertising page for more info.}
QuickEdit
Tara
3 Comments

3 comments:

  1. That T dress is awesome! And the jumpsuit looks very cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a grey barbie dress with ribbon from Button N Thread too...looks so cute...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those garments are so lovely, thanks for sharing!!!
    great website!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!