WA Designer Collections


On Friday night I battled the winds and rains to get to the WA Designers Collection show at the WA Museum. It was my first Perth Fashion Festival show and it was amazing! All of the designers featured are absolutely incredible and so, so talented. I may have taken a few too many photos (and taken a while to figure out my camera settings! Oops. Hopefully my next show goes a bit better!) so be warned, this is quite a photo-heavy post!

Peppermint Milk was one of my favourite collections of the night. All of the dresses were so beautifully detailed, and I was particularly in love with the dirndl-esque dress below. It was a very Sound Of Music vibe. And that wedding dress was seriously beautiful. I'm still thinking about it! It gave me goosebumps. I can only hope one day there's a Sex And The City movie situation where the designers just feel like giving me a wedding dress.


Martini + Coz's collection had a really grungy, mod vibe to me. I couldn't believe all the different ways they worked leather into their collection! There was even a leather crop top with leather pants and a leather jacket tied around the waist. SO MUCH LEATHUH. I loved the Union Jack dress as well - paired with the crown, it was very Vivienne Westwood. 


I liked this dress by Monster Alphabets. It was like a sexy, modern take on the Marilyn Monroe white dress. Their whole monochromatic collection was impeccably styled and look so fresh and crisp. 


Catini Designs had some incredible pleated pieces. The last dress in particular flowed so beautifully when it was going down the runway. 


Wild Horses had these amazing necklaces and I loved all the punchy colours they were paired with. The fine chains that were trailing around the body were such a beautiful touch as well; especially when paired with such bold necklaces.


Anna Excell had these amazing outfits in some fantastic colours. I loved the orange and burgundy, but there were also some bright bright pink and some really beautiful lilac. It was just so sharply tailored and classic and ARGH I JUST WANT TO WEAR BLOCK COLOURS AND LOOK SOPHISTICATED TOO. 


I was SO EXCITED to see the Little Gracie collection! It's one of my all-time favourite labels. I love that it's so unapologetically girlie and feminine, and I would wear any one of those gorgeously whimsical designs (especially the icy blue dress with the ruffled neckline!). The models also walked to Big Girls Don't Cry by Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons, and it really set the mood for a lovely collection. Well, that and the balloon boy. It was an amazing collection. 


The Ange Lang dresses were so gorgeous and dramatic. They reminded me of a costume from Murder On The Orient Express - very 1920s femme fatale style. The collection was styled beautifully, as well. I love the clear bangles paired with the ivory dress below. 


Phew! I didn't even get through all the designers that showed (my status as SLR novice meant it took me a while to even figure out what setting to use! Nothing like learning on the job, hey?) but there's some amazing coverage over at Le Fanciulle.

QuickEdit
Tara
2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Nice work!
    Good to see someone else enjoyed the music too haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. love your blog! i was on back of house that night and dressed for a few of the designers, absolutely lovely! great stuff :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!