The Cat's Meow


Hello! I am back with an OUTFIT POST! Woah!

The other day I was working in the city, and for whatever reason I was feeling tired, and grumpy, and just... eh. So I went window shopping and somehow walked back into the office with a Chicabooti black cardigan (I prefer buying ridiculously cheap cardigans, I don't know why) and this Sportsgirl blouse. And a bagel with brie cheese, pesto, avocado and sundried tomatoes, which to be honest I think had more of an impact on my mood.

I wouldn't normally pay full price for something at Sportsgirl, where things tend to go on sale after about three weeks, but I couldn't resist this top as it reminded me so much of the Miu Miu S/S 2010 collection. I guess it took a while for those prints to trickle down into Australian chain stores, because two years later, I find this perfect blouse with an adorable cat print.



Sportsgirl blouse // Cotton On slip // Motel skirt via ASOS // Black tights // Target boots // Pigeonhole mouse earrings

This outfit feels like a bit of a departure from my usual style, but I really liked it. I'm also pretty happy that I found the perfect Western-style lace up boot at Target, of all places. These boots have rarely left my feet the past few weeks (that actually sounds pretty gross, but you know what I mean). Plus, my hair is now long enough to tie back! So that's why it looks like I have a Velma Kelly bob going on. 



Oh, and did anyone notice I mentioned mouse earrings in my outfit description? I was pretty chuffed with the cat/mouse combination I had going on, even if it was invisible to everyone else.



Thanks for reading! x

QuickEdit
Tara
4 Comments

4 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, how amazing is that cat blouse!?! I love it!

    xo erica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! I'm glad you love it because it will probably be quite the regular on the blog ;D x

      Delete
  2. That cat blouse is incredible! I'm always on the look out for a classy looking "animal" print, but I never thought to check Sportsgirl. I love your hair too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I imagine if Sportsgirl have started doing these prints they'll be everywhere pretty soon. If I see any online I'll let you know! x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!