Guest Post: Shoes To Banish Winter Blues!


Hey guys! Today I have a guest post from Laura Clarke, on behalf of ASOS. As you all probably know by now I am severely obsessed with ASOS - I can't even tell you how many orders I've placed with them (though if you've read my blog for a while you can probably guess that it's A LOT). Anyway, this post is all about winter shoes. I am admittedly terrible at buying season appropriate shoes, so hopefully this post helped you like it did me! Enjoy!


When colder weather sets in and daylight hours start to become shorter and shorter we can start to feel a little sorry for ourselves and soon become tired of our dull wardrobe choices. To inject some serious style and a whole load of colour into tired winter wardrobes a great pair of bright boots or shoes are perfect and you can find some great options at ASOS.

A pair of chunky heeled ankle boots are great for pairing with alomost anything and this gorgeous rusty red pair is in a super cute winter shade and will be perfect styled with an oversized chunky knit dress and tights.



The perfect flat for winter has got to be a leather loafer as they will keep your tootsies dry and be right on trend all at the same time. While black and tan versions are everywhere a pop of colour will never go amiss so these mustard yellow versions will be great for brightening up skinny jeans and a plain white blouse.


Sport luxe is a trend that keeps on growing and we are now seeing more and more stylish trainers. This pair has a concealed wedge heel, perfect for adding a bit of extra height without anyone knowing! The floral patterning gives this look a feminine twist and fits in well with the print trend that is currently red hot.



In winter when we want to wear heels stiletto styles just aren’t all that practical, slippery pavements mean walking anywhere can be more of a challenge than a joy! A chunky heeled flatform is a much more sensible (yet gorgeous) choice as you will not be balancing solely on the balls of your feet and will still achieve your desired height. An ankle strap is also a great idea as it will make you feel more secure in your shoes.




So this winter ditch the drab black footwear and choose something with colour or pattern to make winter a brighter prospect!

I thought I'd let you guys know about it today because I found a discount code for ASOS where you can get 30% off by putting in SALE30 at checkout... have fun with that one! Thanks, Laura & ASOS! x

{Gin in a Teacup was compensated for this post. If you're a business or blog interested in doing a guest post, shoot me an email at gininateacup@gmail.com - I'd love to work with you!}
QuickEdit
Tara
0 Comments
I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!