What I Wore 18.09.10, a.k.a My 21st!


So Saturday night was my 21st. I had an amazing night. There was great food (courtesy of the lovely Em, who made delicious cupcakes), great music (courtesy of my cousin, who DJ'd for the night) and a great time had in general (courtesy of many many bottles of champagne). 
I don't have many photos yet - and no proper outfit photo, whoops! - but this is what I wore.



Alannah Hill dress
Wittner heels
Rabbit ring from Pigeonhole
Diva earrings


I had the party at the Burlesque Lounge (which I very highly recommend - Nikki, who was in charge of all the party stuff, was so incredibly lovely and helpful) and so I went for a kind of pin-up, 50's look. I got my hair done, and then my makeup done by the Napoleon Perdis girls - I have to say, I had it done once before there and loved it, but this time it was ultra heavy, like stage makeup or something! I did not even recognise myself at first, the makeup was PACKED on. I mean.


The dress actually has a heart cut-out on the top of the back and is so lovely! Wearing a white dress was kind of stupid, though - by the end of the night it had about eight different drinks spilled on it.

I bought the shoes ages ago (on sale for fifty bucks!) but this is the first time I've worn them. They actually weren't too painful, but I was very glad that I brought an emergency pair of flat shoes with me. Even though by the end of the night I had given up on those as well and insisted on being carried everywhere (and by everywhere, I mean home from Domino's. Classy lass that I am).

I won't bore you with too many party photos, but you can click on this collage to make it bigger and look at those!


x
QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. You look gorgeous, love those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like a great night! and i love the shoes:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh awesome party Tara! Happiest of birthdays to you, welcome to the 21 club! :)

    Hope the speeches wern't too embarrassing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fantastic! I'm glad you had a good time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all for your lovely birthday wishes! The speeches weren't TOO embarrassing... well... at least they're all over & done with now!

    Thanks again! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!