30 Days of Restyle + Perth Fashion Festival


Hello! I know things have been a bit quiet around here lately but that's because I've been working on a super exciting new project!

Ten other Perth bloggers and I have been invited by Perth Fashion Festival and Lotterywest to participate in 30 Days of Restyle. "Uh?" I hear you ask. Well, it's basically all about op-shopping. We're going to post daily outfit photos that will be at least 50% op-shopped, AND we're going to buy nothing new for the whole month of August. Eep! 

The challenge is to buy from seven branches of op-shops. We've been given a budget to spend, and so far I have found some AMAZING pieces! While the thought of buying nothing new in August - my birthday month! - gives me a little bit of the heebie-jeebies, I'm really excited about mixing up my wardrobes, supporting charities and buying local.  

Anyway, to launch the campaign we got to take part in a very fun photoshoot. As soon as I find my SD card, I'll share the behind-the-scenes images, but for now here's my final image!


I was very lucky to work with SOYA winner Penny Lane, who is an amazing photographer. She put everyone at ease and was so lovely as well! The hair was done by Renos on St Quentin for L'Oreal, and the makeup was done by Lauren Woods. I think they did an excellent job!

I'm so excited to be part of this project, and I can't wait to share my month of Restyle with you! You can check out the other bloggers involved in this project below...


Make sure you check out all of the other bloggers, too - don't they all look babein'?! I love how the stylists really paid attention to everyone's personal style. I had met most of the bloggers before - Perth is a pretty small place, you know! - but it's great to discover some new blogs too. 

3. Me!

Thanks so much to PFF and Lotterywest for asking me to get involved! I'll post a few more times about Restyle this month, and then... it's all happening in August! How exciting!

You can follow all of us on the Restyle website, as well!

x

QuickEdit
Tara
11 Comments

11 comments:

  1. I just want to tell you that I think your hair and that head piece is fabulous! This sounds so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I seriously jumped for the chance to wear that headdress, I think it's awesome! Once I find out the designer I'll put it on the blog :) x

      Delete
  2. Love this photo! You look so cute! Great work hun, love the yellow! (And that headpiece is so much fun!) Looking forward to seeing more from the project.

    Love Jenelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It's so exciting, I can't wait for August!

      Delete
  3. What a great idea - this sounds like so much fun! And I *love* your dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish it were my dress but unfortunately I just borrowed it for the day :( but hopefully I'll find a similar op-shopped one! x

      Delete
  4. I am SO looking forward to seeing how you amazing ladies style thrifted clothes (as I NEVER seem to find anything but everyone else can pick out amazing finds!) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Usually I can NEVER find anything but I have found some beauties lately, I'm so excited to put them on the blog! Eeee! xx

      Delete
  5. I loooooove your final image so much! That dress! That headdress! Your beautiful hair! I'm really excited to see your posts in August.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks so much Stacey! I can't wait to get started, eeeeee! xx

      Delete
  6. This is great!! I'm actually doing a 6 month op-shop challenge at the moment, just for myself though. I have to avoid buying anything new as much as possible. It's kind of exciting once you get into it :D Can't wait to see what you find!! Rhi xx

    The Wildest of Dreams

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!