A Rose By Any Other Name


Hello! I wore this outfit to a friend's birthday drinks. We spent quite a leisurely afternoon at the Queens, munching on chips and wedges and drinking lots of cider.

This dress is one that I picked up at the Oh Henry! vintage pop up store. It's AMAZING! The store is like a massive warehouse of vintage, and I think this was one of the last dresses I tried on. It was just loitering quietly on the sale rack (!!!) and I thought, "That's a nice print, but this dress looks way too big for me." Then I noticed it had a matching sash. Then I noticed that sash was a BELT! I love it! I got quite a haul, and I can't wait to show you the rest. I wish I had better pictures than these iPhone ones, but I lost my memory card for my camera! Gah :(


I was really stuck on what to wear this dress with. I have a grey cropped cardigan that would be perfect, but it appears to be trapped in a wormhole of time and space between my house and Aidan's house (along with many other of my favourite cardigans! Grr!). Not wearing a jacket was not an option - Perth has been freeeezing lately - so I decided to go all-out floral and wear this old Sportsgirl jacket.



Vintage dress // Sportsgirl jacket // Pigeonhole dahlia ring // ASOS heels



So there's my mini floral explosion outfit! I have so many floral pieces, but this is actually the first time I've mixed them. I can't wait to wear this dress by itself in the summer! Mixing prints is still a big question mark to me. Gimme a plain cropped cardigan any day.

x

QuickEdit
Tara
6 Comments

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous outfit, you look gooood!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I'm so in love with the dress, it's ridiculous! x

      Delete
  2. Love floral mixes! It's an adorable dress :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crissy! It will probably be on the blog every second outfit post for a while =/ ha x

      Delete
  3. Nawww I love the double floral! I think it works really well cos one is dark & one is light. And oh man the Oh Henry pop up store is great, I bought a RIDICULOUS (eherm awesome) gold/gemstone 80's chain belt there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I'm glad you like it! The sequinned/shiny section was AMAZING, I really want to go back for another look! I can't stay awaaay!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!