The Finishing Touch.


I've never been very good at accessorising outfits. With some people (well, those people frequently featured on Jak and Jil and The Sartorialist), it seems that they can instinctively pick the perfect finishing touches to their outfit. I am not very good at this. Instead of picking classic, "investment" accessories, I look for more unusual pieces - even if these means buying brooches featuring green plastic kangaroo heads, necklaces with an anatomically correct heart, and rings that take up the entirety of my finger. Since I finally have space in my room to display them all, I thought I'd share my favourites with you.







x
QuickEdit
Tara
9 Comments

9 comments:

  1. I love the skinny gold bracelet in the fourth pic! Where did you find it?
    And I much prefer fun jewellery over investment pieces:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looovvvveee the heart necklace! Your room looks like a place that you have made totally your own. It is so nice to be sorrounded by beautiful things you love! My partner and I just moved and Our room doesn't feel totally 'us' yet. I miss that!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohh you have some lovely things!!
    I want a fun tree stand for my jewellry!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! I especilly love your jewellery tree :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute! I love that cassette tape badges :)
    i'm like you, i like buying fun quirky rings and brooches rather than things that will 'match' outfits. i think that makes dressing up more fun!

    x amie
    http://heartbeats-intimidation.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of these accessories are gorgeous! I love the fact that you look for unique looking pieces, they really add that singular touch to outfits. I also really love how you display your jewelry, its gorgeous!

    www.thejoyoffashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your collection is gorgeous. you have some great pieces. my favorite one would have to be the wooden owl brooch in the last photo. so cute it hurts. where did you find him?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great posting!!! I just came across your blog so i will definitely be following!


    -Meg

    http://aamongthewillows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm envious of your collection! The cutest finds. I'm terrible at accessory shopping:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!