Sunday Songs


Sorry to be AWOL on you this week, it was production week for the uni paper (which I take part in for one of my units) and even though my role wasn't as big as last time, for some reason I felt extra busy the whole week. I think it was because I've taken on more work hours as well. So, SORRY! Real life gets in the way sometimes. Hopefully these tunes will make up for it somewhat...

♥ Stornoway - I Saw You Blink
These guys are playing at the St Jerome's Laneway Festival and so I was even more excited to get tickets (it was the best festival I went to last festival season, by far!).The whole album is very earnestly sweet but this is my favourite track.
 

♥ The Like - He's Not a Boy
I wrote about The Like a little while ago, though admittedly that was based more on their fashion sense than their actual music. I finally looked up the video to one of my favourite tracks on the album, and it made me fall in love with them just that little bit more. It makes me want to bring back my fringe & dance around all 60's-like!

♥ Bruce Springsteen - Born to Run
I have to admit that I am such a squealing fangirl when it comes to Bruce Springsteen. I think if I ever saw him in real life I would be that insane fan that screams and hyperventilates and faints all over him. Anyway, after a particularly stressful week a little Springsteen never fails to brighten up my day somewhat - I think it brings out the slightly bogan country girl in me. Um... I might just post the video before this becomes a OMG I LOVE YOU BRUUUCE post (more than it already has). Also, one of the comments on this video was "4:23 is officially the happiest guy in the world!" and I kind of have to agree.


And just as a little bonus song... I could actually not get over when they did this song as the 2010 Emmys Opening Number. I don't even want to admit how many times I've watched this video. But it's BRUCE! And Tina Fey! And Jon Hamm doing, well, slightly dorky dad dancing! And TIM GUNN! And... oh, just watch it.

x

p.s It would be hugely appreciated by me if Gin in a Teacup was nominated for the 2threads Fashion Awards! All you have to do is nominate it here, for the Best Fashion Blog category. Thanks!
QuickEdit
Tara
5 Comments

5 comments:

  1. Is that print production? I will be doing that next semester. I hear it is brutal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for the music! I love the girl's blond bob and her eyeliner.

    Arianne from A + B in the Sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tink in my Closet & Sam - TIM GUNN! <3
    The Velvet Bow - It is quite brutal! The assignments & stuff at the start of the semester are more stressful than the actual production week, though, and I had a really good class so it wasn't all bad!
    arnique - Me too, they're fantastic! Check out the rest of the album if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!