Restyle: Gross. George Gross.


OH MY GOD, YOU GUYS. I have had the craziest day ever. On my way to work this morning there was this little cat on the road (in peak hour traffic!) and so I went to pick it up and when I put it down I think that its back legs were broken :( and my heart ached, it was so sad! So I called the RSPCA, went back to my house to get a taxi since I'd missed the bus, got stuck in traffic and so hopped off and started walking, and then an old man slipped over walking across the road! Luckily he was okay but it was a lot of drama before midday!

Anyway. So this is my op-shop outfit for today. I really wanted to wear this George Gross jacket I found... I didn't really take into account the fact that it still had massive shoulder pads in! Oh well. A bit of '80s throwback never hurt nobody.



Dress, Good Sammys, $10 // Blazer, Good Sammys, $10 // Loafers, Good Sammys, $10 // Black tights // Pigeonhole T-Rex ring


I just did a little research on George Gross and I feel pretty lucky scoring this blazer for $10! I'd never heard of the label before but the jacket seems really well made and really nicely tailored. Once I take the shoulder pads out I think it will make a very nice addition to my everyday wardrobe!


Well I am all drama-d out for the day... but I do have a Groupon review coming up shortly so keep your eyes out for that!

x

p.s Do you like how every day I am slowly (but unintentionally) sneaking more and more towards the camera? Like some fashion blogger Cthulhu? Haha! Sorry about that. I haven't taken photos in this spot very often!
QuickEdit
Tara
8 Comments

8 comments:

  1. That is a lot of drama! Poor cat, lucky that you were kind enough to rescue it. Love the blazer, I really want a cream or white one, and it definitely seems like you got a bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was indeed very sad :( I just hope that it had somehow gotten onto the road and that someone didn't throw it out of a car or something! I'm still tearing up two days later!

      But thank you about the blazer... I'm not entirely sure I can pull of the blazer look but for $10 I thought I might as well give it a go! x

      Delete
  2. Where are the plumbers ??? Dad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Is that all you come to the blog to see?? :)

      Delete
  3. Wow, what a day! George Gross is def a good label! But then again, I was born in Adelaide, so I grew up seeing their collections on stylish women! Good find.
    Shoulder pads can be fun! Meh!

    Jenelle. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you! I have definitely seen Mr K and Harry Who, those kind of labels, but I don't remember seeing George Gross in with them (and I think I would remember the name... Gross... heh). I will have another go at the shoulder pads before I destroy them, they're sewn into the lining so I will probably be too lazy to take them out :) x

      Delete
  4. Next you'll be saying you've never heard of Harry Who! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually didn't realise Harry Who & George Gross were owned by the same company! I guess they're the same kind of 'look' as Mr K? Also why are all these formal wear labels named after men?! x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!