Restyle: Stevie


I bought this dress from a Vinnies Retro (before the challenge actually started, so I'm cheating a little bit with this entry!). I do love Vinnies Retro - it's kind of nice when you're not in the mood to sort through a million racks at the op-shop - but because it's 'retro', the prices are quite a bit higher than a normal op-shop!

That was the case with this dress. I could barely justify the $40 price tag, but it IS a beautiful print... and shape... and it reminds me so much of Stevie Nicks. I haven't worn this one nearly enough to justify the price, though! My mum took it up for me but we haven't finished it yet, so the hem is pretty bubbly at the moment. But, I couldn't go past this dress for the op-shop challenge - if you ever need something vintage and don't mind spending a little bit more, the Vinnies Retro in Fremantle is an excellent place to shop! There is another Vinnies Retro in the city, but the prices are a little bit less WOAH and a little more wallet-friendly.



Dress, Vinnies Retro, $40 // Rubi shoes boots // Pigeonhole rose gold pyramid studs



I have to say, I've half-written a lot of posts about how the seventies just isn't that inspiring to me. Well, to be honest, there was a while where anything after the 1960s wasn't that inspiring. But lately I've been listening to a lot more Fleetwood Mac, Joni Mitchell and Janis Joplin and I think that I've begun to appreciate the beauty of the '70s. I'm talking more about fresh-faced earnest folk singers, rather than the disco, Saturday Night Fever era. I don't know if it will have that much of an effect on my style but it's nice to dip my (velvet boot clad) toes in the '70s fashion for a little bit!

QuickEdit
Tara
8 Comments

8 comments:

  1. That print is so beautiful. I love it on you. Good find. Be lovely in summer too.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! A lady was trying it on and I stalked her (stealthily) around the shop until she'd tried it on and decided she didn't want it! I felt kind of obligated to buy it after I'd put so much time and effort (and stealthiness) into obtaining it, haha! x

      Delete
  2. I love the dress and your new hair!
    Early 70's much better than late 70's imho! I also liked the early 90's compared to the late 90's...Nirvana Vs Britney Spears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! So true. I mean I just wrote the post about glam-grunge but to be honest, now I would SO much rather floral dresses & Docs than shiny pleather pants and crop tops (much to the dismay of my eight-year-old self, I'm sure!). xx

      Delete
  3. That dress is amazing, but woah, those boots! The boots are possibly the best thing I've ever seen. This whole outfit gels really well with your beautiful hair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! The boots are from Rubi, I've got another pair in this style so I think they must put out a few different patterns every winter? I don't know if there's a Rubi in Clermont but hopefully you can pick up some sneaky shoe purchases soon ;) x

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful! I generally try to avoid Retro Vinnies because of the prices - I find it's much more satisfying to find something in a cheaper op shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I totally agree. I mean Vinnies Retro do have some amazing things, but it feels kind of... too easy, maybe, to buy something from there. It's like someone's taken all the fun out of rummaging through piles of clothes to find something awesome. I kind of think of it more as a vintage shop than an op-shop, but I guess I can justify the prices if the money's still going to charity... x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!