Restyle: Tartan and Pheasants


Hey y'all! I was a bit lazy with my Restyling today, I'm afraid. I woke up early for a staff meeting (that ended up being cancelled), and just grabbed the first - and warmest - dress that came to mind. Today was SUCH a slow day at work (the rain is an instant foot traffic killer), I was looking jealously at all the Restyle bloggers' photos from the PFF launch, and my hair AND face decided to suffer from a big ol' attack of the grease. What fun.

But, then I went to Aidan's parent's house for dinner, snuck in some puppy cuddles, and whacked a scarf over my greasy roots. And now there's a new episode of Breaking Bad to be watched, and a day's worth of blogs to catch up on. 



Loafers, Good Sammys, $10 // Scarf, Salvation Army, $9.99 // Vintage dress // Black tights // Pigeonhole rose gold earrings 



This is one of my favourite vintage dresses ever. Scratch that, it's one of my favourite purchases ever made. It's the perfect shape and I love the '60s vibe. And that it has a Peter Pan collar! Over TARTAN! It's amazing. Plus, vintage is pretty close to op-shop, right? :|

I found this scarf on one of my op-shopping travels and couldn't pass it up, even though I'm not really a scarf person. It has this great pheasant print on it (as you can probably see) and I don't have that many things in olive green, so it's a nice change and a challenge at the same time. I think it makes a pretty great makeshift turban though!

I'm sorry for all the indoor pictures lately; I haven't been able to get photos in the morning, or during the day while I'm at work, so it's been photos in my living room all the way! I'll make an effort to get some more outside pictures in the last days (!!) of Restyle. 

Okay, now I really am off to watch some Bryan Cranston. Is it weird I have a little crush on him? Only as Walter White though? WHAT DOES THIS MEAN.
QuickEdit
Tara
10 Comments

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! I think it was one of my first ever Etsy purchases! The shop is called Exile Vintage, they always have some pretty rad stuff x

      Delete
  2. Argghhh that dress is so cute. You are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy adorable dress Batman! I love it with the scarf too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I thought the plaid and the pheasants on the scarf was kind of... Scottish hunting trip themed?! Haha x

      Delete
  4. I love this dress on you. It's so cute! I also love the turban scarf - you must show me how to do this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I most definitely will. I think I read how to in Cleo or Cosmo and I was just like "Ahhhh that's so easy but it makes SENSE!". x

      Delete
  5. Incredible dress. I love the collar! Such a good look. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! Every time I wear this dress I LOVE it, I need to remember to pull it out more often! Of course I say that as we're heading into spring and it will be too warm for it >.< x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!