Restyle: Ebony and Ivory


Hey again! First things first, you might have noticed the blog has had a bit of a makeover! After five years, I thought it was time to stop using free templates and actually get it properly designed. I will go into more detail in a future post, but let me know what you think!

I found this top the other day and just grabbed it on my way to the counter, without trying it on. It said it was a size 12 (my usual size) so I thought it would be fine... but no. It is maybe a size 12 for someone who has no boobs. But I really wanted to wear it for at least one outfit, so I ended up just cutting around the armholes to make them bigger and leaving it partway unzipped up the back. Fashion blogging is so glamorous sometimes.

I think it might have actually been part of a formal (prom) dress - it's from this label. But unless I find some clever way to DIY it, it might languish in my wardrobe for a while after today. All I can think of to adjust it is making the back into more a corset, which, well, no. I will not be doing that.



Top, Salvos, $7.99 // Shoes, Good Sammys, $10 // Ring, Good Sammys, $5 // Motel skirt // Sportsgirl tights from a couple of years ago // Chicabooti cardigan



Despite the ill-fitting top, I really loved this outfit! I'd had it planned since Monday (when I got the top) to wear to Home Is Where My Heart Is, so maybe that's why I went to great lengths to make the top work instead of just wearing another outfit. I have bought a few more op-shop goodies this week, so I'm really excited to wear some of those pieces next week (and yes, I have tried all those ones on and they all fit!).

The ring is the first piece of jewellery I've bought from an op-shop! Unless you count the time I bought a necklace with those little bubble letters spelling out 'Leo DiCaprio'. Man I wish I still had that.

In other news, I have had the worst shoulder pain in the last few days! I've done a quick Google for remedies but do you guys have any suggestions? There's only so many stretches I can do at work without people thinking I'm having some kind of fit.

QuickEdit
Tara
2 Comments

2 comments:

  1. Saw you at HIWMHI and you looked great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thank you! I hope you had a good night, it was a great exhibition!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!