Restyle: Mary Tyler Moore


I got my babe of a friend Lisa (also a fellow Restyler!) to take my photos for me today, which is why they're much better than my usual efforts! This is a dress I got a little while ago... maybe even a couple of years ago? I actually bought it when I was starting up an online vintage shop, but I ended up keeping this one. It reminds me so much of something they would wear on the Mary Tyler Moore Show! Maybe it's the print? And the long sleeves?



Anyway, it's been languishing in my closet for ages before I finally got my mum to take it up for me (which is why the hemline is a little bulky, I couldn't even wait before it was properly finished to wear it!). I love it so much now! It's actually kind of perfect for cold weather too because it's such a thick material. 


Dress, Salvation Army, $15 // Diamond pattern tights // Sportsgirl loafers // Pigeonhole fox earrings


Anyway, I'm going to keep it short and sweet today because Lisa and I might have celebrated the start of Restyle a little too exuberantly (and with a little too much wine) last night and it is definitely time for an early night!

x

QuickEdit
Tara
10 Comments

10 comments:

  1. Love, love, love that dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't believe it's taken me so long to get it up on the blog, haha! x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous dress! I absolutely adore the print - I reckon it would be one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha now that it's been taken up it certainly is one of my faves! It's lucky the weather in Perth is so perfect for it too! x

      Delete
  3. Oh wow I love the colour and the print of this dress - and you just can't go wrong with a simple shirt dress. Just beautiful! PS - hope the hangover's gone now. If not, drink some more haha xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mum used to do that for me. School skirts always ended up embarrassing in the hem department! The trick is to not be afraid of cutting some off the bottom, so you can just do a little hem. It's a super pretty colour!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I feel ya on the school skirts! This was just sewn up really loosely to check if the length is okay, but I couldn't resist taking it out for a spin! And thank you - I hardly have any blue clothes (my primary school uniform was blue!) so it's nice to find a dress in such a gorgeous hue! x

      Delete

Thank you for your comment! x

I'm a freelance writer who blogs about Perth (my old home), Paris (my new home), fashion, food, and everything else that takes my fancy. Have a look around and enjoy!